HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   moc scrapes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/297738-moc-scrapes.html)

fishinty 07-12-2009 11:07 AM

moc scrapes

If you know you have bucks in the area that just aren't showing up.You need to make a moc scrape , which is a scape that you make yourself. A buck will fall for it 9 out of 10 times .First, you buy some tinks scrape juice , or a scrape dripper .Then , you scape out a place under an overhanging limb and scrape one limb with a knife and rub some of the tinks on the limbs and spray A lot on the ground .This is one of the best tactics to use during the rut or bow season. In the rut after you make the moc scrape , spray some tinks on your bootsand make a loop around your treestand or blind . So the buck can follow the trail to the moc scrape. Hope it works for ya'll it sure works for me.

crokit 07-12-2009 01:16 PM

Never used them. Always seemed to me that the real deal works best. Then again, like anything else, I'm sure it has it's place. Hell, even placebo's work sometimes:D

robert4570 07-14-2009 04:53 PM

mock scrapes

Couldnt tell ya' if mock scrapes work on deer but I know for a fact they work on hunters. I've done a few in the past that maybe I got carried away with regarding the size of the scrape and in the process attracted a bunch of tree stands.

Kinda funny , when run into some neighboring hunters and ask them if they seen any decent sign only to get a vague answer.

Mock scrapes are great for diverting traffic away from ya.:D

BigDaddy12t 07-14-2009 05:34 PM

I have tried them the last couple of years, and really have not had any luck with them.

fishinty 07-15-2009 07:15 AM

I hunt on a hunting club where you have your own area to hunt .

srwshooter 07-15-2009 01:18 PM

i use real deer urine to make my moc scrapes,the bunch i hunt with 75% are meat hunters. we kill alot of deer way before the rut. we save all our deer urine a put it in a gallon jar in the frig. as scent glands darkin and get rank on bucks we kill ,we trim the hair from the glands and add it to the jar. during the rut we drain off bottles to make scrapes. i think we killed 6-7 buck last yr while standing in our homemade scrapes. i've seen as many as 10 doe's pee in a moc scrape in one day. PROOF THAT NOTHING WORKS LIKE THE REAL THING.

DowningAir 07-16-2009 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t (Post 3384455)
I have tried them the last couple of years, and really have not had any luck with them.

I bought the dripper and some scent this past year and didn't have much luck with it. Probably put it up again this year though. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Arrowmaster 07-16-2009 05:24 AM

I make them every year and have success...

Mojotex 07-16-2009 10:33 AM

I have had essentially zero luck with any "commercial" so called estrus scents. I don't buy any of these. I collect all the deer urine that I can from every deer that I kill. I make no effort to seperate doe from buck. I keep all excess frozen. Make mock scrapes with a mixture of this urine, and have used a "drip" bottle. I also utilize oiled up tarsal glands that I have removed from bucks to rub nearby overhanging limbs and saplings. Any tarsals I am not using I also keep frozen also. This has worked pretty good for me over these past 35 or so years. I have had tons of does urinate in these moc scrapes, bunches of 2-3 year old lucking bucks and occasionally some really nice bucks visit. Having fresh, oiled up tarsals to scent up the area around the moc scrape seems to really be a key to getting the larger bucks to come take a look.