HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Bows which i really better an why (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/296558-bows-i-really-better-why.html)

bigmike924 06-24-2009 09:02 AM

Bows which i really better an why

I am looking into a new compond bow i have a parker now an its four yrs old should i get a high country or mathews...?

kevin1 06-24-2009 09:42 AM

RE: Bows which i really better an why

Is your Parker broken? YES/NO
Does it shoot well and feel comfortable to you? YES/NO
Do you have total confidence in your shots when you shoot it? YES/NO
Do you really need another bow? YES/NO

If the first three are "yes" and the last is "no" then don't worry about getting a new bow right now.
If any of the first three are "no" then try bows until you find one that works for you.

salukipv1 06-24-2009 10:02 AM

Mathews.

Currently on my 2nd mathews, and can honestly say I have no plans to buy another bow, certainly plan to use this one longer than my 1st. Perhaps something in the next 5-20yrs something will come along and make me want the latest and greatest, but I'm sure I could never buy another bow and be plenty happy with what I have.

Colorado Luckydog 06-24-2009 11:44 AM

Bows are like rifles, it doesn't hurt to have a few. If you got the money then go for it. Matthews, Hoyt, or Bowtech are all great. I prefer to shoot a Bowtech. My buddy bought a New PSE last year. I think it was a Firestorm or something like that. When we would shoot together he would get pissed off how his PSE mad a very noticable twang sound every time he shot and my Bowtech was so quite.! LMAO:DThat right there would be enough to make me want another bow if Iwas shootinga PSE. There are a lot of great bows out there but if I were you, I would look at Bowtech, Matthews and Hoyt. Shoot them all and then pick the one you like the best. Good luck.

Teach Deer 06-25-2009 07:46 PM

I still hunt with my High Country Ultra One Cam that I got about 12 years ago. 36" axle to axle, set at 63# with a 26" draw length, IBO rated at 315 ft/s. Set up with a Keller pendelum sight and is spot on out to 35 yards.

This bow is very quiet,very fastand outperforms my father's Matthews Legacy.

That being said, I have to agree with Kevin.

RIStrutStopper 06-26-2009 09:05 AM

I would shoot a few bows in the price range you are looking at and see which feels best to you. Nobody is going to shoot your bow but you, so you are in the unique position of deciding what fits you best, be it HCA, Mathews, Bowtech or anything else. Good Luck!

The Rev 06-26-2009 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

I would shoot a few bows in the price range you are looking at and see which feels best to you. Nobody is going to shoot your bow but you, so you are in the unique position of deciding what fits you best, be it HCA, Mathews, Bowtech or anything else. Good Luck!
Great answer! I'm sponsored by a Bowtech dealer so should recommend Bowtech, however it's what fits you. I have a lot of bows but my favorite hunting bow is five years old.

superstrutter 06-26-2009 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Bows are like rifles, it doesn't hurt to have a few. If you got the money then go for it. Matthews, Hoyt, or Bowtech are all great. I prefer to shoot a Bowtech. My buddy bought a New PSE last year. I think it was a Firestorm or something like that. When we would shoot together he would get pissed off how his PSE mad a very noticable twang sound every time he shot and my Bowtech was so quite.! LMAO:DThat right there would be enough to make me want another bow if Iwas shootinga PSE. There are a lot of great bows out there but if I were you, I would look at Bowtech, Matthews and Hoyt. Shoot them all and then pick the one you like the best. Good luck.
Don't judge all PSE's because of your friends noisy bow. I've been shooting a PSE Thunderbolt for9 years and it is extremely quiet and deadly.

907Alaska 06-26-2009 10:49 PM

I would stay with what you have my brother in law has a Parker...and he will not change...probably ever...
but, if you do change, check out the ROSS's

907Alaska 06-26-2009 10:50 PM

ROSS:)