Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you balance deer hunting time with your career? >

How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 AM

Default RE: How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Ive been unemployed for four months. Can find a decent job so what else is there to do.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

laid-off work = bad........2009 deer season = good
Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

im in highschool so i should have plenty of time to hunt. however, in order to pay for the bows, arrows, and guns(among other things) i had to get a job. its nice that my job is flexiable but i can only have off every other weekend and with my hunting land being just under an hours drive away it doesnt lend itself to much hunting. but i guess its better than only a week a year...
Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was working I had a government job that gave me 24 days of vacation a year plus 3 personal days. That was plenty to keep the wife happy during the holidays and a vacation with her every year and still hunt when ever I wanted. Now that I retired (April 08 at 48 years old) every day is Saturday......
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

I think it is even more difficult when you need to spend time at home with your family too. Luckily my kids are into hunting, but my wife is not. She is understanding until about halfway through the season then things get a bit tense. It is a fine line.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

By hunting season I usually still have 2.5 weeks of vacation left. I take a week off during the peak of the rut and the rest of vacation time to run deer dogs and a couple days around Christmas(to hunt and spend time with my family). I also take off alot of Fridays during general gun season because I work a compressed schedule, so i get to hunt alot.

My dad semi-retiredseveral years ago in his early 50s, and he hunts almost every day of muzzleloader and general gun season- that is what I plan to do when i'm his age.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

With 26 years into a most excellent career I have enough paid vacation I can hunt all I want, when I want. Now if my wife and hunting partner could get as much time off we'd be set. Between coyotes, antelope, deer, elk and pheasants I hunt at least 30 days a year and closer to 45 most years...then ya gotta add in all the days of shootin prairie dogs (thats not hunting).
Old 07-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a pastor I work Sunday thru Thursday that leaves Friday and Saturday to hunt. I also take a week of vacation the second week of December which is were the rut for my GA lease usually falls and we take a week off between Christmas and New Years as well.

To balance with the family I don't have any kids yet but I told the wife (she doesn't hunt) that my hunting will never interffer with family time. So if she has something that she wants me to do she usually will have it planed out two weeks ahead of time and I am able to plan my hunting around it.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am taking fire science classes to become a full time firefighter which has a very good schedule for hunting and doing what ever(One day on two days off). I am also the grounds guy at our community college so when the ground freezes i get laid off and end up with a lot of free time, this usually coincides with rut.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a RN in a Emergency room, we work 3 12.5hr shifts. So that leaves me a few days each week to hunt. Plus I have all my vacation and holidays saved for deer season as well.

Quick Reply: How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.