Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you balance deer hunting time with your career? >

How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

i've been a remodeling contractor for over 30 yrs. i take atleast 10days off for archery in oct,the whole month of november for muzzleloader/rifle and usually most december is slow anyway. my best hunting time is 1-2 weeks in november,during the rut.
srwshooter
Old 06-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

A week in the mountains for archery elk. A week in the mountains for rifle elk. Beside those two weeks,from September the 1st until the middle of Febuary, I hunt two days a week. Every Thursday and every Sunday. I'm either big game or waterfowl hunting. The rest of the year is devoted to my family.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:34 AM

I'm a high school student. Bow season starts during football so I only get out late Saturday mornings if I got it in me. But once football season is over I go before and after school and on the weekends. Sometimes I'm a little late for school
Old 06-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I do the best I can 12 month deployments suck along with training. I try to get it in on the weekends but thats inbetween what the wifey wants to do.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I rob banks at night. LOL

Actually I am self employed and plan to hunt each fall. If I worked for someone else and couldn't get time off I'd quit!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I rob banks at night.LOL

I don't care who you are, or where you come from, that right there is some funny chit!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I work 6 months out of the year... I get at least 2 months of hunting in a year!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Spike

I take 3 weeks for deer season. One week I use for bow season, and two weeks I take for firearms season. I also get 4 day weekends every other week, so I go those days also. I know it`s a lot, but at the time, they go by so fast. It`s over before I know it.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get 6 weeks of paid vacation.
I do take time some time off for hunting, and fishing, butour second home allows for my wife and kids to spend the summer months and spring weekends at the lakeand I'll commute back and forth to work from there, when I'm in the Province so I don't really need to take all the time alotted to me.
I like to be ahead, when it comes to my work, that way the worst I'll beis current if an emergancy should arise.
I just take a buy out on my vacation pay, at the end of the year....
I have always put work ,ahead of my family vacation, andplaytime.
Never woulda got into a monogomous relationship, got married, and had a familly,
if I didn'tknow for a fact this was what I wanted, and I knew it would work.
I invested too much of my life between school and apprenticeships to just toss away it away.
Hours and hours of time spent in classrooms, homework and studying is something I hated...
But it also pissed me off so much, I took on the attitide if I set goals, and acheived my goals, my work got done neatly,and I knew it was right, it would get done sooner....Than if I faught it....
When ya think about it, by the timeone graduates from secondary, and post secondary schools, just about (or more often than not) over a quarter (closer to 1/3) of ones life has past.
Better make the most of the hours ya spent in those classrooms, , you can pretty guarantee the ones who didn't, wish they had.
If one plans on living till80 or 85 ,one has only got2/3's ofhis lifeleft before your rotting in the ground or your dust is blowing in the wind.
So ya work is something I take very very seriously, more seriosly than hunting or fishing cause without an income, the first thing to go would be my retirement savings.
My ultimate goal is to fully retire at 50, I've seen too many people drop like flies between 55 and 65..
Some people don't get a chance to retire at all,or have retired and dropped dead 6 months to a year after.
Bottem line, my goal is to work hard now so I can play hard later, and at 50, I'm still young enoughso I can really really take full advantage of all my recreational hobbies.
And if I am rotting in the ground, at 55 well I had 5 years of pure enjoyment, and I like to think if I pass before then,not only will my kidsbe rich,but my great grandkids, won't have to worry about retirement savings either....
So I'm all good and content knowing I can hunt more but opt not too.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

isnt high school great, i get home at 2:45 and then walk out the door drive ten minutes and hunt whenever i want.

Quick Reply: How do you balance deer hunting time with your career?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.