HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   ohio hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/296256-ohio-hunters.html)

th30utd00rman5 06-18-2009 05:27 PM

ohio hunters?

any Ohio hunters here? Where are the best places to hunt in the NW

Bocajnala 06-18-2009 05:33 PM

RE: ohio hunters?

I hunt North East and Central Ohio a lot. Deer hunting is good, I hunt both private and public land. Lots of big deer, not usually to many hunters around (at least not compared to PA.) Try the regional forums you might get more replies there, I don't hunt up your way much.
-Jake

PutnamHonigford 06-19-2009 04:29 AM

Yes, i am from NW ohio. We have PLENTY of deer thats is if ur not worried about manigment. People come out here to shoot anythign that is brown and runs, its definatly not right and i wish it was different but thast the way it is... There are a few BIG guys running around out there btu nobody can find um come gun season. I sall 2 during the rut during bow season but nuthign durign gun. Like I said, THERES ALOT OF DEER.

good luck,
PutnamHonigford

th30utd00rman5 06-19-2009 08:18 AM

I was woundering where i can go hunting on private land with permission in NW ohio

Siman08/OH 06-19-2009 09:36 AM

Northeast Ohio here, the best properties are my private ones :D

mossberghunter93 06-19-2009 09:44 AM

im from SW ohio and we got a few nice ones atleast i do

i saw this guy last night and i wood say he has doubled himself up

^^shot this last year

reds10ss 06-19-2009 01:04 PM

im from the dayton area here in ohio. i hunt in southern ohio, chasing those big ridge runners:D

PutnamHonigford 06-19-2009 05:01 PM

Private land, sorry cant help you there

bigmike924 06-23-2009 10:45 AM

hey i got a Question i have alot of does on my prop i mean lots heard of 30 i shoot four off my prop every year. for four years i never shot a buck bc there to small but than they leave. how do i get the bucks to stay. its a lil 34 acer thick wood but only hold Does help plz lol

PutnamHonigford 06-23-2009 12:17 PM

I would just shoot as many does as you possibly could. Sounds liek your doing the right thing by not shooting bucks, but you also got to have a reson for the bucks to stay. Yes the does help alot but i would try narrowign the numbers down. Also is there a food sorce near by you land? If not that is probaably another reason they are not staying. But the best advise i can give is too keep up with what your doing, wait and work for what u want, and it will happen. All in time.

ORIGINAL: bigmike924

hey i got a Question i have alot of does on my prop i mean lots heard of 30 i shoot four off my prop every year. for four years i never shot a buck bc there to small but than they leave. how do i get the bucks to stay. its a lil 34 acer thick wood but only hold Does help plz lol