Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ohio hunters?

Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Default ohio hunters?

any Ohio hunters here? Where are the best places to hunt in the NW
Old 06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: ohio hunters?

I hunt North East and Central Ohio a lot. Deer hunting is good, I hunt both private and public land. Lots of big deer, not usually to many hunters around (at least not compared to PA.) Try the regional forums you might get more replies there, I don't hunt up your way much.
-Jake
Old 06-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, i am from NW ohio. We have PLENTY of deer thats is if ur not worried about manigment. People come out here to shoot anythign that is brown and runs, its definatly not right and i wish it was different but thast the way it is... There are a few BIG guys running around out there btu nobody can find um come gun season. I sall 2 during the rut during bow season but nuthign durign gun. Like I said, THERES ALOT OF DEER.

good luck,
PutnamHonigford
Old 06-19-2009, 08:18 AM

I was woundering where i can go hunting on private land with permission in NW ohio
Old 06-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Northeast Ohio here, the best properties are my private ones

Old 06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

im from SW ohio and we got a few nice ones atleast i do

i saw this guy last night and i wood say he has doubled himself up

^^shot this last year
Old 06-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

im from the dayton area here in ohio. i hunt in southern ohio, chasing those big ridge runners

Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Private land, sorry cant help you there
Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Spike

hey i got a Question i have alot of does on my prop i mean lots heard of 30 i shoot four off my prop every year. for four years i never shot a buck bc there to small but than they leave. how do i get the bucks to stay. its a lil 34 acer thick wood but only hold Does help plz lol
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I would just shoot as many does as you possibly could. Sounds liek your doing the right thing by not shooting bucks, but you also got to have a reson for the bucks to stay. Yes the does help alot but i would try narrowign the numbers down. Also is there a food sorce near by you land? If not that is probaably another reason they are not staying. But the best advise i can give is too keep up with what your doing, wait and work for what u want, and it will happen. All in time.
ORIGINAL: bigmike924

hey i got a Question i have alot of does on my prop i mean lots heard of 30 i shoot four off my prop every year. for four years i never shot a buck bc there to small but than they leave. how do i get the bucks to stay. its a lil 34 acer thick wood but only hold Does help plz lol

Quick Reply: ohio hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.