Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Patterms

Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Patterms

I have been a gun hunter for 3 years now and was thankful enof to shoot my first deer, a doe, my first hunting season. But now i am getting into bow hunting, i bow hunted last year but never had much luck. So i was wondering there are a few places that i have permission to hunt, one of them being a location with some spotted deer. The other a location with a BIG buck and about 3-5 does, not a very big area. But more importantly i was wondering if the deer will still be located or patterned in the same places come September 26, hunting season?

Thank You,
PutnamHonigford
Old 06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Deer Patterms

Hi
Where I hunt in Minnesota, we see the same deer follow the same paths until rifle season. I just started bow hunting last year. I did'nt get anything. But my hunting partner got a buck in velvet first morning of bow hunting season. We were just up there last weekend and the deer are still following their path.
It is pretty cool to watch.
Boogster
Old 06-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Typically during bow season, deer movement changes as the food sources change. Acorns coming ripe, field crop harvests, etc. will cause deer movement to shift to different food sources. They also seem to change once the leaves drop. Perhaps they feel more exposed without a canopy over their head. They may use familiar trails, but the use of the trails will be different.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

Typically during bow season, deer movement changes as the food sources change. Acorns coming ripe, field crop harvests, etc. will cause deer movement to shift to different food sources. They also seem to change once the leaves drop. Perhaps they feel more exposed without a canopy over their head. They may use familiar trails, but the use of the trails will be different.
I've noticed all the same things.