Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer scents

Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

As I have said many times, for over two decades, I have used nothing but my own urine for both scrape freshening and around my stand for attractant. It works as well as anything I have tried and better than most. There are some distinct advantages.

First, it is cheap, easy to carry, easy to dispense and often refills itself. Second, it works no matter what the time of year. I have started many mock scrapes during spring turkey season with it. If I were female, during certain periods, I am sure it work even better.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Dan Fitzgeralds Deer Dander as a cover scent. I use a Scent Lok suit kept in a scent lok bag till I get home after a hunt then air it out, then back in the bag for transport, I live in the country, fresh air.
I shower before each hunt and use scent away spray and wipes for when I am in stand.
I use deer urine from a partners deer herd and I am there when it is collected so I am sure it is fresh. Have had deer bed downwind or walk the same path and not know I was there.