HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   new ebobk preview... wanna trade?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/296021-new-ebobk-preview-wanna-trade.html)

jamsta123 06-15-2009 08:25 AM

new ebobk preview... wanna trade??

hey, below is a couple ofpassages from the deer ebook.

any one want to trade anything?

as i am only 15, and dont own alot of hunting gear, i am willing to trade any old things you have lying around and that you dont use any more.

any offers???

"
Since early times, people have used deer and deer skins for many different things such as clothing, pouches, and food. After European settlers came to North America they killed so many deer that deer became extinct in some regions. A lot later people started protecting deer. Then people got rid of the mountain lions and wolves because they were killing there sheep. So there was no one to kill the deer, and now people are trying to decrease the population. "[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
"Scouting plays perhaps the most critical role in your deer hunt. A few hours spent out in the field before the season can make all the difference when the season starts. Here are some things to keep in mind as your scout the areas you are planning to hunt the season and what signs to look for"[/b]
[/b]
"Ask any veteran hunter what their greatest environmental enemy is. Take a guess. Is it terrain? Or foliage? Or the availability of open space? If your guess is any of these, you’d be wrong. According to them, weather is the greatest deterrent to a productive hunting session."[/b][/b]
[/b][/b]
[/b][/b]
"Finding the best location is the key to a successful deer hunt. Time to get your deer stand set up in the right location. To find the best site for optimum deer hunting you must set out on foot to find where deer spend their time."[/b][/b]
[/b][/b]
[/b][/b]

"Male deer are called bucks, bulls, stags or harts. Female deer are called does, cows or hinds. Young deer are called fawns or calfs."[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
"Deer are born with four baby teeth and develop baby incisors and premolars in their first months. Their adult teeth come in and replace the baby teeth when they are about 18 months old."[/b]
[/b][/b]
[/b]

[/b]
"[/b]Below are some recipies for deer for you to try.[/b]
Deer Stew[/b] [/b]
1 pound bacon2 pounds cubed deer meat2 medium turnips -- cut up1 large can Veg-All1 can tomato sauce - (16 oz)1 onion -- dicedSalt -- to tasteFreshly-ground black pepper -- to taste [/b]
Fry the bacon first and then use drippings to brown floured deer meat (or beef). Put browned meat in a slow cooker and pour in the liquid from the Veg-All. Add the tomato sauce, the diced onion and cut up turnips. (Add water as needed to obtain desired consistency.) Cook in crock pot 3 to 4 hours on HIGH (all day on LOW) or until meat is very tender. "[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
there are just a coupple of passages from the book ;[/b]
[/b]
The Hunters Guide: Deer[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
Post if you have any trade offers and ill get back to you asap[/b]
[/b]
[/b]

thndrchiken 06-15-2009 10:26 AM

RE: new ebobk preview... wanna trade??

You sure your name isn't TR?

driftrider 06-15-2009 12:17 PM

You're kidding, right?

I hate to break this to you, but from the passages posted, I really don't think that yours is exactly the definitive thesis on the whitetail deer. Why would I pay (or trade you things worth money) to get an e-book that reads like a hastily done 6th grade book report when I can get more substantial information from wikipedia?

I also hate to be the one to inform you that you already have a competitor that routinely peddles his "intellectual" property on these boards. To be quite honest, I'd buy his stuff long before I'd buy yours. Since I have no intention whatsoever to waste my money on his half-baked pseudo-intellectual babble on deer patterning, moon phases, etc..., I'm afraid you're efforts to sell me your e-book are doomed.

Then there's the whole spam thing...[:@]

Mike

StraightArrowNY 06-15-2009 12:41 PM

Easy fellas, he's just a kid...

Jake, I'm not sure you have a marketable product just yet. But if you enjoy writing, keep at it. As your field experience progresses, you may pick up a few (or a lot) of ideas that people can really use. As your writing skills progress, you'll be able to articulate those experiences in a way that readerscan bothenjoy and learn from. Until then, write because you enjoy it, not because you want to sell it.

Good luck.

superstrutter 06-15-2009 01:35 PM

It would have been better if you would have come here and just asked for hand me down hunting supplies. Most hunters are glad to help out other hunterswho need some help, especially young ones. I don't think anyone on this site is going to be interested in your ebook. Most of us here have a pretty good idea at what we are doing. Sorry, but that's the truth.

forddeerslayer 06-15-2009 03:31 PM

what a shame. keep all of your logs and ebooks kid. one day when you are the next larry weishun or charlie alsheimer people will be bidding on it on ebay. good luck and hunt hard and play hard. time flys as you get older so keep it all written down. this post is just an example of what you will find when you deal with the public. there will be the bad eggs and the people who are just plain mean. all are notlike that and you learn to appreciate the good eggs.
best of luck!