Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Show Me Your Man Caves

Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Show Me Your Man Caves

Ok guys...it's been a little boring since ending hunting season. Wanted to see some man caves. I recently finished my basement and wanted to see some others man caves. It took me about a year to complete. Worked on it on and off with a friend and am pretty happy with the end result. Still have some work to do with furnishing it but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Here are some pics of the bar area. Everything was custom built including the cabinets. I used cherry wood and I am replacing the bar doors with smoked fluted glass. Still need to get bar stools to complete the bar. It's a shorter fall now from a folding chair when there are too many beers consumed.

Here are some pics of the theater room. The color is actually theater red and is much darker than it appears. I still need to put up some track lighting. I haven't found any that I really like yet to accent the room.

Here's a pic of the future rec area. Looking to buy a nice Texas Hold'em table. Need to paint the window trim black as well. Weather is nice enough to do it now just need to find the time. The fitness equipment will be going in the office when I get the table.

Here is a pic of the staircase. Trimmed out in cherry to match the bar area. Still need to get furniture for sitting area.

This is my office. Still need a desk, shelves, etc...

Here is the unfinished portion. Have about 500 square feet left for storage, tools, and hobbies.

I was real nervous going with black trim but overall I am very happy with it. Let me know what you think.

Still some work to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Show Me Your Man Caves

I'm just wondering how we are going to tie this into deer hunting?

Nice pad!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

here is pic one. They are a bit old -- we have a couple dozen more now but they are all in the garage and stair well. No more room here and we moved.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

here is pic 2

Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

ok here is pic 3

Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

CL-

It actually has a lot to do with deer hunting.

1) I used the cherry wood out of an american cherry tree that I used to hang my tree stand on.
2) There is a deer in my office that I harvested. Pic included.
3) My unfinished area is where I store my deer hunting supplies in the off season. Pic included.
4) I watch the deer hunting shows on the outdoor channel in the theater room.
5) I drink beer at the bar and tell hunting stories.

Is that better? Should have outlined that in the first post. Thanks for the kudos.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a very nice job. I'm too old, too tight and too lazy to make anything like that.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

CL-

It actually has a lot to do with deer hunting.

1) I used the cherry wood out of an american cherry tree that I used to hang my tree stand on.
2) There is a deer in my office that I harvested. Pic included.
3) My unfinished area is where I store my deer hunting supplies in the off season. Pic included.
4) I watch the deer hunting shows on the outdoor channel in the theater room.
5) I drink beer at the bar and tell hunting stories.

Is that better? Should have outlined that in the first post. Thanks for the kudos.
I am more than just a little bit envious. Beautiful!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Gut,
What projector is that and what size screen is on the wall...working on mine now. Where did you get them and what type of surround sound? Looks nice, I hope my basement looks half as good.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

one day....
man that's beautiful, needs a little more outdoor touch, but maybe you could incorporate that into your office area. that's a pretty big man house it looks like. are you a doctor or a lawyer or independently wealthy? just joking, but seeing something like this gives me something to strive for if i save up i think i should be able to get a loan to cover something like this in a couple of years (thank God for my great job).

Quick Reply: Show Me Your Man Caves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.