Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Show Me Your Man Caves

Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Show Me Your Man Caves

ORIGINAL: bozeman

Gut,
What projector is that and what size screen is on the wall...working on mine now. Where did you get them and what type of surround sound? Looks nice, I hope my basement looks half as good.
The projector is the Sharp XV-Z20000. I got through our benefits program through work that gives you discounts directly to different manufacturers. Think there is a company called beneplace that sells to companies. Like directbuy but only for companies vs. individuals.

The screen is a 92" Draper Onyx. The speakers are Definitive Technologies (2) BP7002, (1) C/L/R 2300, (2) UIW83/A, and (2) BPX surrounds. I have a Yamaha 3800 receiver. I bought everything from Ulitmate Electronics at one of their annual sales.

If you enclose your components, make sure you buy a cabinet cooling fan to pull the hot air off your components. I didn't early onand I had some equipment overheat if you were pushing the speakers.

Let me add something about deer hunting so we can stay on topic here. Thedeer hunting showslook and sound great with the set up.

I am sure your basement will turn out real nice. Just take your time and don't rush it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rustynobles

one day....
man that's beautiful, needs a little more outdoor touch, but maybe you could incorporate that into your office area. that's a pretty big man house it looks like. are you a doctor or a lawyer or independently wealthy? just joking, but seeing something like this gives me something to strive for if i save up i think i should be able to get a loan to cover something like this in a couple of years (thank God for my great job).
Thanks. And I 100% agree with the outdoor touch. Waiting on my elk euro mount that will be going up in the office. No lawyer or doctor, just a sales guy. My wife and I were DINK's (Dual Income No Kids)for almost 8 years so we were able to save quite a bit. I general contracted the original construction of the house and have a lot of friends in the construction business that helped cut down on cost tremendously.

Over the last year I watched myself and the rest of America lose40-50% of their 401k's so I thought I would put it in my basement and atleast I would enjoy it.

Good luck on your savings and feel blessed that you have a job!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Very impressive turkey ward! I hope to harvest 1/2 that many animals and different species in my lifetime. Great collection!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

my man cave shares space with tha lawwnmower snoblower and garden you can probably imagin it
Old 05-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: marlin30/30_drabe

my man cave shares space with tha lawwnmower snoblower and garden you can probably imagin it

LOL! That sounds like a lead-in to one of Jeff Foxworthy's " you might be a redneck if...

No disrespect meant, just some comedy.