Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 this sucks! its like killing me >

this sucks! its like killing me

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this sucks! its like killing me

Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default this sucks! its like killing me

Well Ive been hunting with my family since i was 7...And my family (on my dads side) Have been hunting at our hunting club since my dad was realy young. We have leased the land for a while. We've already lost alot of land cause we couldnt afford to buy the land. Well the most beautiful part of the woods the "bottom" is being leased right under us. Which we all know isnt fair. Me and my dad are extremely pissed...For 1 its not fair to lease right under somebody..And to me its not just like taking woods away from us its like a big part of my childhood. These woods are so beautiful theyre gorgeous. But after years and years of leasing somebody leases it under us..I know we shouldve purchased these woods but we dont have the money..I would be less aggervated if they didnt lease right under us. Im just realy disappointed. The family memories there in the woods are being taken away. Sure we still have some property left but i think in time that to will be taken away. Thats why I say we need to make a move to buy to keep the rest of out property we still have...

Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: this sucks! its like killing me

most of us have to fight to keep good places to hunt,just remember the old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence". there is always a better spot to hunt.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 AM

Just because you've been hunting somewhere all you life does not mean that it will be there for your enjoyment forever. Either buy the land yourself or stop crying when someone does. It's really that simple. Oh - and you are going to lose your shirt if you ever bet anyone that you can spell the word, "aggravated".

On a related note. I went back to my home town recently and found that the diner I had eaten at as a child had closed. Can you believe it? Oh sure, the owners got old and nobody wanted to keep the thing alive, but I just think there should be a law or something to force these people to keep that part of my childhood intact. We'll call it the "It's All About Me Law".
Old 05-29-2009, 04:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you think about it, if your family was able to lease the land for that long, then that was an extremely long time for anybody to keep a lease. I've been in several hunting clubs and know about a lot more and the life span of most clubs is probably less than 10 years. Did ya'll have the land leased from another family or a timber company?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: bayou_buckslayer

Well Ive been hunting with my family since i was 7...And my family (on my dads side) Have been hunting at our hunting club since my dad was realy young. We have leased the land for a while. We've already lost alot of land cause we couldnt afford to buy the land. Well the most beautiful part of the woods the "bottom" is being leased right under us. Which we all know isnt fair. Me and my dad are extremely pissed...For 1 its not fair to lease right under somebody..And to me its not just like taking woods away from us its like a big part of my childhood. These woods are so beautiful theyre gorgeous. But after years and years of leasing somebody leases it under us..I know we shouldve purchased these woods but we dont have the money..I would be less aggervated if they didnt lease right under us. Im just realy disappointed. The family memories there in the woods are being taken away. Sure we still have some property left but i think in time that to will be taken away. Thats why I say we need to make a move to buy to keep the rest of out property we still have...
You're right, it isn't fair that someone was willing to pay more than you, so keep on hunting it.In fact, bring all your family and their friends just to prove your point. Strength in numbers, you know. You've had it for so long, it's practically yours, anyway. Heck, most people who lose hunting land keep on hunting it because their dad and their dad's dad hunted it. Tradition, you know. You might get harassed by those mean bullies who think they have the lease now, but they'll learn.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

The lesson is that unless your name is on the deed or some sort of locked-in very longterm lease, you can lose your hunting ground very quickly. There's no real substitute for owning the land no matter how good of an arrangement some people claim to have.

About ten years ago or so my family started losing access to ground that had thought we would always be able to hunt. Thats when i changed my way of thinking. I drive on old beat up car, live in a pretty modest house, and don't have a 4-wheeler or any expensive hunting toys.I realized several years back that all the toys in the world dont do much good if you dont have a place to use them, and so I stayed away from Gander Mountain and started buying land.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2kwik4u

Oh - and you are going to lose your shirt if you ever bet anyone that you can spell the word, "aggravated".
Wow, thanks for the observation.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

If you think about it, if your family was able to lease the land for that long, then that was an extremely long time for anybody to keep a lease. I've been in several hunting clubs and know about a lot more and the life span of most clubs is probably less than 10 years. Did ya'll have the land leased from another family or a timber company?
I dont think so...Pretty sure
Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2kwik4u

Just because you've been hunting somewhere all you life does not mean that it will be there for your enjoyment forever. Either buy the land yourself or stop crying when someone does. It's really that simple. Oh - and you are going to lose your shirt if you ever bet anyone that you can spell the word, "aggravated".

On a related note. I went back to my home town recently and found that the diner I had eaten at as a child had closed. Can you believe it? Oh sure, the owners got old and nobody wanted to keep the thing alive, but I just think there should be a law or something to force these people to keep that part of my childhood intact. We'll call it the "It's All About Me Law".

Nice observateon...OOPS i meen observation
Old 05-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

I don't get it when someone writes something on here and miss spells a word some loser has to point it out get over yourself.You knew what he meant so why bring it up or does everyone you know give you a hard time when you screw up on something ' oh that's right your perfect right ,you've never done anything wrong in your life or miss spelled a word I wish we could all be like you 2kwik4u.

Quick Reply: this sucks! its like killing me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.