Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 this sucks! its like killing me >

this sucks! its like killing me

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this sucks! its like killing me

Old 05-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: this sucks! its like killing me

BAYOU- Sorry to hear you lost your lease and your right you and your family have been hunting there for a long time they should have said something to you about it,or at least given you the chance to maybe pay more than the other guy.Good luck with your up coming hunting season.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:16 AM
Typical Buck

It sucks but you'll have to get over it. My family has hunted that same tract of land by our camp for 40+ years (Around 1000 acres). For most of that time we could buy a seven dollar permit and hunt ANY of the land that company owned in our state (tens of thousands of acres). About ten years ago that company sold out and began leasing the land. We know have to join TWO clubs to hunt the land at $100 and $125 apiece per year. Could contact the new leaser and try to work something out, join that club, trespass, or whine. Whining won't solve anything and only get arguments started. Trespassing is risky, not to mention illegal. The other options are your best bet.

Good luck
Old 05-31-2009, 07:40 AM

Was it leased by another group who want to hunt the land or do they have other plans for it? If they're not looking to hunt on it, then try contacting them. Explain how you've hunted there your whole life and you would love to continue to do so. I mean you never know, I feel it's worth a shot.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Spike

Chances are that someone else lost access when your family first leased the property. It sucks that hunting has become an industry/business but that's the way it is and turnabout is fair play.Once money enters the equation, it will never be taken out.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

You're right, it isn't fair that someone was willing to pay more than you, so keep on hunting it.In fact, bring all your family and their friends just to prove your point. Strength in numbers, you know. You've had it for so long, it's practically yours, anyway. Heck, most people who lose hunting land keep on hunting it because their dad and their dad's dad hunted it. Tradition, you know. You might get harassed by those mean bullies who think they have the lease now, but they'll learn.

I hope you are kidding. Though it may not be fair, it is legal, and for them to keep hunting even though someone else is leasing, is illegal. This would be trouble in the making. Only two choices, hunt elsewhere or pay more than the new leasee's.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

ORIGINAL: fishguts

You're right, it isn't fair that someone was willing to pay more than you, so keep on hunting it. In fact, bring all your family and their friends just to prove your point. Strength in numbers, you know. You've had it for so long, it's practically yours, anyway. Heck, most people who lose hunting land keep on hunting it because their dad and their dad's dad hunted it. Tradition, you know. You might get harassed by those mean bullies who think they have the lease now, but they'll learn.

I hope you are kidding. Though it may not be fair, it is legal, and for them to keep hunting even though someone else is leasing, is illegal. This would be trouble in the making. Only two choices, hunt elsewhere or pay more than the new leasee's.
It's not about what's fair. Life's not fair... get over it. The fact of the matter is that the OWNER of the land has the RIGHT to lease, or not to lease, that land to whomever he chooses. If that's not you, then that's too bad. I know you want to vent... and that's fine, but you certainly must realize that if you don't own the land, then you have no legal right to it outside an established lease agreement. If your lease expired, the owner has no obligation to renew it. What you should be thankful for is that you had years where you had private land readily available to hunt near your home. Many of us don't have that luxury and are stuck hunting limited public land or driving hundreds of miles to hunt private land, so welcome to the club. It's not the end of world, you'll just have to find new places to build memories.

Mike
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 AM

I can understand your frustration but you have to respect the property rights of others. What should the land owner do? Give it to you? Why?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand what you feel but I can't have any sympathy for you. The person you leased it from owns it and has the right to do whatever they want with it.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for your loss. My dad and brother lost one of their leases and i persuaded them to try and hunt in a neighboring club in our hometown. Now they harvest about 4x the number of bucks they use to, but the quality standards are slightly lower. I personally like to move around and hunt different areas withinmy larger club; it keeps your scouting skills above average.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2kwik4u

Just because you've been hunting somewhere all you life does not mean that it will be there for your enjoyment forever. Either buy the land yourself or stop crying when someone does. It's really that simple. Oh - and you are going to lose your shirt if you ever bet anyone that you can spell the word, "aggravated".

On a related note. I went back to my home town recently and found that the diner I had eaten at as a child had closed. Can you believe it? Oh sure, the owners got old and nobody wanted to keep the thing alive, but I just think there should be a law or something to force these people to keep that part of my childhood intact. We'll call it the "It's All About Me Law".
Another fine addition to HNI.

I feel for you. I really do. It's sad that hunting has come to this, but it is what it is. I remember the days before hunting became cool to the white collar crowd who started this leasing business to begin with.

Quick Reply: this sucks! its like killing me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.