HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Addition to my deer collection! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/294796-addition-my-deer-collection.html)

deernutz 05-26-2009 07:20 PM

Addition to my deer collection!

Well I gave in and aquired this new #9 Typical BlackTail 170 2/8 inches. What an incredible blacktail.He was shot in 1958 in CAand was recently scored and will easily slid into the Top Ten blacktails ever shot in the world. Still learning the whole story about him. Enjoy!

bowmanaj 05-26-2009 07:58 PM

RE: Addition to my deer collection!

Wow, at first glance I thought it was a big mulie..Awesome deer

GreatHunterWannabe 05-26-2009 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Wow, at first glance I thought it was a big mulie..Awesome deer
I do that all the time. " ooo, nice mulie....I mean whitetail, er, blacktail that is."

Nice mount

wis_rifle_hunter 05-27-2009 01:08 PM

thats a great buck and great mount

gspguy73 05-27-2009 03:54 PM

He's a monster.

bucksniper14 05-27-2009 04:14 PM

big buck very nice

kevin1 05-28-2009 04:07 AM

Buying someone else's trophy iskinda likegetting another guy to choke your chicken for you, the end result may be the same, but how can you possibly feel good about it? I'll never understand the compulsion to purchase someone else's success, and I certainly don't grasp why you'd want a fraudulent record too.Why not enter a road kill while you're at it?

Western MA Hunter 05-28-2009 04:17 AM

wow. that is a beauty.

ipscshooter 05-28-2009 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Buying someone else's trophy iskinda likegetting another guy to choke your chicken for you, the end result may be the same, but how can you possibly feel good about it? I'll never understand the compulsion to purchase someone else's success, and I certainly don't grasp why you'd want a fraudulent record too.Why not enter a road kill while you're at it?
There's always a party pooper... Why is it a fraudulent record? He didn't say he was going to enter it as his kill. It's the buck that goes in the book, and a 170" blacktail belongs there. As far as purchasing someone else's mount, folks have all kinds of reasons. I was at a flea market a few years back. Spotted a mule deer mount laying on the floor under a table, gathering dust. Beauty of a mule deer, also scoring in the 170-180 range. I didn't think that such a majestic animal deserved that fate, so I bought him and hung him in my game room...

mossberghunter93 05-28-2009 08:53 AM

thats awesome and as cool as the mount/deer looks i really would never buy a mount that wasnt my kill JMO