Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is the worst deer hunting state? >

What is the worst deer hunting state?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is the worst deer hunting state?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Banned

Default What is the worst deer hunting state?

I see poll going about what is best states all the time. Curious as to what guys from across the country think is the WORST deer hunting states. Overall in general. No right or wrong answers, just seeing what the perceptions are. I listed some that are regularly complained about and some that just arent really talked about all that much in regard to deer hunting.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is the worst deer hunting state?

I think most of those states are fairly good for hunting. I don't think I've ever heard or read of anybody going to hunt in Connecticut tho???
Old 05-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strange/funny poll...
I've only hunted 3 states, my home state of NH - pretty good.
Ala. - lot's of Doe's
TX. - many deer

So not much help, unfortunately, however, if you can get some private land in CT. my buddy has done real well (4 bucks over 200lb.).
I'm sure there are good spots and bad spots in every state.

Although you don't hear about Cali. too often???
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

I not sure which state would be worse but I'd have to go with any state that has no hunting on Sunday laws.Also, any state that has unreasonably restrictive seasons that are based on the opinions of PETA clones and not on science, and game census'.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

Some good points. There are, Im sure good spots in every state. Thats why i said overall/in general. I also agree there may be a couple other contenders. Didnt want to list them all, so just put "other" and left it open for discussion.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

I don't understand how South Carolina is on here for the worst deerhunting state. We may not have the quality of deer, but we make up for it in numbers. That is why we have the longest deer season in the nation. I've lived here and hunted here all my life and the quality of deer are also coming up. Last year alone we had one of the best years for deer going in the books. Other than that what else are you using to through South Carolina into this mix.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Banned

basically, deerhunter729, I included SC as being on there because ive heard and read about them through the years referred to as very poor qualitywise generally speaking. True or not, that perspective is definately out there. Had relatives hunt there through the years for deer and they too have said the same. Though the numbers are good. I couldve just as easily made that Florida, or other state... I dont necessarily think all the states listed are very poor. Just wanting to see what others think basically, and lets face it, none of those listed will be confused with Iowa, Illinois or Kansas anytime soon.

Btw, I love SC. Great weather, and enjoy huntin' feral hogs down their once in awhile.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Cornileus, I can agree with that statement. We do have the numbers but not the quality. I do hunt Kansas and the averge buck out there are mosters out here. I just was wanting to know the basis of the claim and I can agree with it. But hopefully the jump we have seen inthe last two years is no a freak accident and people around here are starting to realize that once a spike always a spike isn't true. I'm hoping when my kids grow up the quality of deer will be much better here. We have good terrain and good food year round. If we could start managing better. We would be better off.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, the "worst" state would have to be the state that has the most limited availability of hunting land followed by extreme hunting pressure on the remaining ground. I would suspect that this would narrow things down to some of the New England states?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Banned

Deerhunter, I agree completely with all.

ILcornfed, Id say that a reasonable deduction.

Quick Reply: What is the worst deer hunting state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.