Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is the worst deer hunting state? >

What is the worst deer hunting state?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is the worst deer hunting state?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is the worst deer hunting state?

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

I would have to say Hawaii I don't think they even have deer.They are a state.
Actually Hawaii has some great hunting. All the wild goats in the mountains that the Spaniards left behindmake forachallenging hunt. Not to mention tasty too!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Spike

Well Many think WI is a great Hunting state.. That is if you like to fight over the deer with the rich guys who enjoy hoarding area herds into their personal honey holes with feedersand baiting that can not be competed with by the law abbiding little man.. Or if you would like to spend 3 grand to hunt 5 days in Buffalo cty.. Or if you would like to pay 1500-3000 bucks an acre for a plce to try to hoard your own private herd..

To me.. being a workin man with a lmited resource for hunting.. I am farther ahead driving to a state that does not tolerate this crap.. It will cost me less and I will actually be hunting the deer instead of the deer hunting for bait piles..

So regardless of how many P&Y deer WI produces.. Those deer are not available to very many little guy working man hunters.. If they are they probably have been named and trained at a local feeder behind a home or hunting shack someplace and are already semi domesticated ..,Ifthey spnd too much time at tese feeders which they do at some point they will be shot off and bragged about in the newspaper about how the deer was hunted hard for 3years and it finally made a mistake..LOL...That story never changes..

Hunting has become so rediculous in WI that I do not even look forward to it any more.. I do look forward to heading to other states.. But here.. It just is not hunting anymore

NH
Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know but he said deer hunting.I had heard the you could hunt goats and wild cattle.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Provides an interesting take on this topic.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/04/news/newsmakers/deer/
Old 06-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

I know but he said deer hunting.I had heard the you could hunt goats and wild cattle.
Wild cow hunting, now there is something I'd like to try. I actually saw an episode on a hunting show where they went hunting for a "wild bull" in Hawaii. The hunter made a beautiful shot as the "wild bull" stood broadside at 50 yards staring at the two objects in white shirts and blue jeans, probably wondering what they were going to feed him. I was on the edge of my seat as the hunt unfolded. You should have seen the hunter and his guide after the kill. You would have thought he had just killed a booner Whitetail. BTW, Louisiana has lots of deer and lots of good deer. Definately not even close to being the worst deer hunting state. That also goes for Arkansas.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Banned

Lans, not only is that not "on the topic" of who is the worst deer hunting state.... thats an OOOOOOOLD article. There has been 4-5 years of significant herd reduction in Pa since then. Pa has a high human population and tons of roads + drivers. Not surprising in the least. We have since fallen to I believe forth in that category. Dont see what that has to do with much of anything.

What is surprising is the ecoextremist deer plan still being in place despite the continued outrage of Pennsylvanians over it and despite the fact the gameless commission who are now made up of audubon nuts etc.. Are still holding firm despite being sued, audited and financially punished by legislators.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cornelius,

I was just posting it for general info that is relevant to the topic. It certainly seems that, whether PA be first or fourth on the list, the deer hunting seems to be great for folks in autos.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM

louisiana is a great place, not near the best though.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Louisiana sucks,go to Texas!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

Louisiana sucks,go to Texas!
deer in texas are rag horns, louisiana is great, not best though.

Quick Reply: What is the worst deer hunting state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.