HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What is the worst deer hunting state? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/294684-what-worst-deer-hunting-state.html)

Jimmy S 05-26-2009 09:36 PM

RE: What is the worst deer hunting state?

Tough question to answer. I honestly don't understand what the definition of 'worse' means.

If it means the toughest state to tag a deer, I would agree with the previous reply that mentioned the New England states.
I have hunted areas of NH and Maine that has a deer population of less than 10 deer/sq mile. Tough hunting and you can go days without ever seeing a deer.

These states also have some of the biggest bucks found anywhere. One of my hunting buddy tagged a big old buck that dressed at 269 pounds.
Yes, tough hunting but also very rewarding. It keeps the adreneline flowing!!

ElkNutz 05-27-2009 03:26 AM

Colorado don't waste your money.:eek:

Redclub 05-27-2009 03:53 AM

It says hunting (if I am correct) and that means a place to hunt,Don't mean a thing if they have a ton of deer but a person cannot hunt without spending a fortune, Look at Texas more deer than anywhere,but all private land,paying a guide just isn't hunting to me (some states require for some animals). Its fun but not real hunting. I live and own land in Central Wi. and have a very good deer herd. But you better know someone or have a checkbook. Now Northern Wi. The deer herd is way down but tons of very good places to hunt with very little pressure. Thats great hunting to me.
RC

4evrhtn 05-27-2009 04:38 AM

Give Pa about 10 more years under the current plan and we will top the list.

GRIZZLYMAN 05-27-2009 05:29 AM

I don't know how you came to make the list those states. Louisiana has improved a lot in the last few years from what I hear. I have hunted in Arkansas all of my life and would take it over Texas, where I live. There are some good bucks that come out of Arkansas, but you don't hear about them like you do other states. For quantity, the south central part of the state is as good as they come.

Rory/MO 05-27-2009 07:06 AM

no deer in Missouri

Lanse couche couche 05-27-2009 07:19 AM

Louisiana has improved drastically over the last decade or so. Their DMAP project worked out pretty good in southwest Louisiana. They are now killing some decent bucks in places where you would not have even seen a deer in the mid-90s. Of course, accessing the land to hunt them is another issue.

bugsNbows 05-27-2009 08:46 AM

F L O R I D A. Too hot. Too buggy. Too full of butheads. Too small deer.

muzzyman88 05-27-2009 10:58 AM

This vote doesn't surprise me. I would like to see this done on an unbiased website other than HNI. We have way too many naysayers on here to run a poll like this. Take into account that only 11 votes were for PA out of who knows how many total votes. I bet I can name most of the 11 that voted for PA.

Cornelius08 05-27-2009 12:34 PM

muzzyman, if a NATIONAL website isnt unbiased enough, maybe hpa the Pennsylvania game commission /environmentalist sounding board IS? LMAO!!

Dissenting views of the deer plan are grounds for being booted on that politically driven site. But Im sure you dont need me to tell you.

Mighty funny any site where those who disagree with the Pa deer program are permitted to exist is "biased" ?

And its not "god knows how many votes" its 11 out of 47....and there 50 states. Thats basically a quarter of all votes going to pgc and another going to Jersey. The other 48 states account for the rest of the vote. Hunter satisfaction in Pa is at an all time low, and I dont think we needed a "poll" to know that. Our game commission is being sued...Prevented a fee increase by legislators because of mismanagement, being audited, and we're losing hunters at over double the national average... Ha ha ha. But this poll is biased? LMAO![:'(] Do internet searches on yahoo or google. Any article on the topic where a comment can be left, there are almost nothing but bad. Compare to any other state in a search. No comparison.

" I bet I can name most of the 11 that voted for PA"

And I'll bet I can name several of the usual PGC buttkissers who DIDNT pick Pa.... So what?? Are we not all entitled to our votes?:eek:

BTW, Im sure youve seen, in the northeast thread in the past, that I provided links to several polls from 4 different websites and by an overwhelming margin (usually in 70-80 percentile range), NONE favored pgc on the topics of hunter satisfaction, support for certain policies, do they deserve fee increase etc. I guess all those were "biased" too? Funny thing, the only "favorable" votes, EVER come from HPA, where the damage control crew of dcnr guys, pgc employees and audubon nuts do their promotion. LMAO.