Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many people carry sidearm hunting. >

How many people carry sidearm hunting.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many people carry sidearm hunting.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many people carry sidearm hunting.

ORIGINAL: fishguts

I carry a .270 during bow season.
Why???
Old 05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

Sometimes I do, but as the days wear on and my body gets tired, the pistol is usually the first to go so that I can cut some weight.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

I am working on several Kentucky senators and representatives...it is actually illegal here in KY to carry during archery season and muzzleloadering season...though when I get out of the woods I can pack it anywhere there are people...concealed of course...

It was sponsored in a bill this past January, but died in conference committee...the bill proposed was a bit too ambitious, and would have done more than simple allow for CCDW holders to carry in the archery woods for self-defense.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

it's illegal in the state of arizona to carryduring an archery hunt.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 PM

According to IDF&G Law enforcement the supreme court overruled the laws on carrying while in the woods; that it is against your 2nd amendment rights to not be able to carry a weapon while on public ground. I carry because if you shoot an elk and have to go back in the next mourning I will bet my bottom dollar your gonna have company when you get to it. I don't know about anyone else but I can't woop up on a bear or wolf hand to hand!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing we have got to worry about in Iowa is the occasional bobcat, and the rare cougar, otherwise we are pretty safe up here.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

In Texas it is legal to carry a sidearm during archery season ONLY IF one has a concealed handgun permit. In the event a game animal is wounded by shooting it with an arrow, it is NOT LEGAL to finish it off with the pistol. The law considers that taking game by an illegal means.

I usually carry a pistol with me when I hog hunt because I don't want to use my .30 caliber rifle at a range of ten feet or less on anything I want to keep.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:55 AM

I carry during muzzleloading season.I don't do it for killinggame illegally.I carry for those "two legged snakes" that roam our national forests.I've been shot at while hunting with a muzzle loader.Legal or not,I'll have something to protect my life while in the woods by myself.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

here in NJ if you get caught your done, automatic 5 year sentence. Since I'm in law enforcement I can carry, and carry in all 50 states. I do think everyone who is of sound mind should be allowed carry nation wide, we all have the right to protect ourselves, family and others
all fifty states...huh
Old 06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Spike

They just made it legal to carry a firearm during archery seasons here in Wyoming. The only time I pack a sidearm is when hunting in grizzly country.

Quick Reply: How many people carry sidearm hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.