Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one know how to get a sponser? >

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

Default Any one know how to get a sponser?

I am a younger guy looking for a sponsorship from a hunting company. I know nothing of how to obtain a sponsorship or how guys get on the shows. I am so far a successful hunter that follows all the rules since I have learned all my knowledge from twoolder men. Both of these men were hunter education instructors and one wasa gun instructor in the army. If you have any information on this please email me at [email protected], thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

ORIGINAL: PenguinLuke33

I am a younger guy looking for a sponcership from a company, i know nothing of how to get one or how guys get on shows or what not but i am so far a successful hunter and i follow all rules since i learned from twoolder men whom were both hunter education instructors and one wasa gun instructer in the army, if you have any information on this please email me at [email protected], thanks

I heard there is a new reality show on Fox this year with a theme regarding Narciscim. You might want to chek 'em out.{ This post was in reference to the above post in it's original version, prior to that post being edited days later. }
Old 05-18-2009, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most of the show personnel on TV got their start working for other people and worked their way up. A lot of them worked as camera operators or guides for years before getting on TV. You're not going to be able to just make a phone call and get your own sponsorship unless you're related closely to somebody somewhat famous.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

You need to write to companies regarding sponsorship. You need to let them know of your accomplishments in the field in writing and with pictures. I can tell you all day long I shot 160 class bucks on a consistant basis, but if you dont see the pictures, there is no real truth to it. Shooting 3-D shoots and finishing high in the standings will help as well. Also, go into this with an open mind that you will be turned down by some companies. And last, show that you are marketable. You need to be able to talk about the companies products and attend shows to stand in their booth and seel their products.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Spike

My first suggestion would be to learn how to spell sponsor, instructorand sponsorship. Also, learn proper grammar. How you speak/write will be a reflection of your ability to communicate with the public, which is what a company would pay you to do. There are too many guys just like you who can write in complete sentences. Why should anyone hire you over them?
Honestly, sponsorships aren't what they are cracked up to be. Very, very few people actually get money. Most get a free hat and maybe a few calls and T-shirts and stickers or other low-cost merchandise. The hunters who are paid to promote products are very, very good at what they do. They hunt nearly every day of the season and live on the edge of poverty because they love hunting ducks or deer or elk more than anything else or they are guides--which, come to think of it, are also on the edge of poverty.
There are a million young guys who love to hunt and have strong ethics and a deep respect for the game. They are no different than you. Those who make some money in the hunting industry have outgoing personalities, they work their tails off and are constantly involved in something related to hunting.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

My first suggestion would be to learn how to spell sponsor, instructorand sponsorship. Also, learn proper grammar. How you speak/write will be a reflection of your ability to communicate with the public, which is what a company would pay you to do. There are too many guys just like you who can write in complete sentences. Why should anyone hire you over them?
Honestly, sponsorships aren't what they are cracked up to be. Very, very few people actually get money. Most get a free hat and maybe a few calls and T-shirts and stickers or other low-cost merchandise. The hunters who are paid to promote products are very, very good at what they do. They hunt nearly every day of the season and live on the edge of poverty because they love hunting ducks or deer or elk more than anything else or they are guides--which, come to think of it, are also on the edge of poverty.
There are a million young guys who love to hunt and have strong ethics and a deep respect for the game. They are no different than you. Those who make some money in the hunting industry have outgoing personalities, they work their tails off and are constantly involved in something related to hunting.
I never try to cancel out someone dreams, so go for it, but this read is a good start for you.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

Hey fishguts, take this!

Hey PenguinLuke33, stay positive and don't listen to negative folks. Life is about attitude. The better yours is the better you will do. When guys like fishguts try and kick you in the nuts, just don't listen and keep on keeping on.

"Positive Mental Attitude" (PMA)is the best thing you can have on your side. No matter what you decide to do for a living.
The only way you can truly fail is not to try. Good Luck!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Spike

Good luck! Theres some good advice here, read it again and dont give up.
The business is very cut-throat! There are thousands of people out there that are trying to get in the door just as you are. Educate yourself in business management, marketing, journalism, public speaking, get it all. The more "guns" you have the better off you'll be. Moost importantly, learn how to market yourself.
Never work for free just to get a start or be seen.
Most in this business are ego-driven A-holes who will leave you second guessing your choice of carreer. They will consider you as being a threat to thier livlihood and more then likely will not do you any good or offer any carreer advancement. The more $$ you get, the less they receive.
Ya see my point?
If you want it then go for it. But as the old saying says, "be careful of what you wish for."
Old 05-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Hey fishguts, take this!

Hey PenguinLuke33, stay positive and don't listen to negative folks. Life is about attitude. The better yours is the better you will do. When guys like fishguts try and kick you in the nuts, just don't listen and keep on keeping on.

"Positive Mental Attitude" (PMA)is the best thing you can have on your side. No matter what you decide to do for a living. The only way you can truly fail is not to try. Good Luck!!!
Is there anything in my first post that isn't true? Why tell someone he has a fighting chance when, based on his question and the way it is worded, he really doesn't? The truth hurts. I'm not going to tell someone he's gonna win American Idol when he can't sing. As I said, Luke doesn't stand an honest chance of gaining a meaningful sponsorship (job) with a poorly-worded letter (resume) filled with misspelled words. Again, there are a million guys wondering how they can get sponsorships. Maybe my honest answer will actually help Mr. Luke improve his marketability far more than someone who can only say, don't listen to others.
Trust me. I know what I'm talking about.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cluckydog, I have to agree with fish guts, if PL33 were to send a letter like that trying to find a sponsor, it would go in the garbage can. Maybe PL33 would have used spellcheck before sending it someone I would hope so.

It seems lie the best way to get a sponsor is still "who you know."

Quick Reply: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.