Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one know how to get a sponser? >

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Spike

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: Ryan Campbell
Most of the guys that I have known that had TV shows etc usually only received merchandise from sponsors instead of money. Getting free binocs, guns and scopes is a cool thing but it doesn't put food on the table. There is some money involved but the guys I have known were usually already fairly well off to begin with.
I just have to ask....What guys have you known, "that had tv shows", that only recieved merchandise instead of money?Could you please be specific????
Pretty common, actually. Instead of giving cash, sponsors give merchandise that the TV hosts/"pros" then can sell after they've been used on the show. Professional bass anglers buy their boats at asubstantial discount and are required to get new ones each model year. Which means they are responsible for selling their current model.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think this thread would last 7 pages, I thought there would be a few comments and this thread would die...
It never ceases to amaze me what we all argue about...LOL
Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Spike

This is america at its best and I like the pen idea hahaha that would help
Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts
Pretty common, actually. Instead of giving cash, sponsors give merchandise that the TV hosts/"pros" then can sell after they've been used on the show. Professional bass anglers buy their boats at asubstantial discount and are required to get new ones each model year. Which means they are responsible for selling their current model.
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I missed the last couple of post.

Again, I just have to ask....What recent, successful hunting show is there where they are not making money?? Please be specific. There aren't any, there just aren't. If they are successful, they are making money. That's all there is to it.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 909bowsniper

I didn't think this thread would last 7 pages, I thought there would be a few comments and this thread would die...
It never ceases to amaze me what we all argue about...LOL
LMAO!!!I'm the worlds worst!!! I should have been kicked in the nuts myself for this one!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I missed the last couple of post.

Again, I just have to ask....What recent, successful hunting show is there where they are not making money?? Please be specific. There aren't any, there just aren't. If they are successful, they are making money. That's all there is to it.
You firsthave to define successful. Just because someone has a show on Pursuit, TOC or any other network doesn't mean they are "successful." It just means they could afford to buy the time slot. Which might mean they have been successful in some other line of work and have enough cash to burn until the money runs out. Or it could mean they actually have enough viewers to wrangle a little money and product out of high-profile sponsors like major gun companies. Generally speaking, most hunting show "stars" might be making enough money tocover the expenses, but that's about it.The biggest names (Waddell, Barta, perhaps a few more) are making a comfortable living. The bottom tier (which is about 90 percent) aren't.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

My first suggestion would be to learn how to spell sponsor, instructor and sponsorship. Also, learn proper grammar. How you speak/write will be a reflection of your ability to communicate with the public, which is what a company would pay you to do. There are too many guys just like you who can write in complete sentences. Why should anyone hire you over them?
Honestly, sponsorships aren't what they are cracked up to be. Very, very few people actually get money. Most get a free hat and maybe a few calls and T-shirts and stickers or other low-cost merchandise. The hunters who are paid to promote products are very, very good at what they do. They hunt nearly every day of the season and live on the edge of poverty because they love hunting ducks or deer or elk more than anything else or they are guides--which, come to think of it, are also on the edge of poverty.
There are a million young guys who love to hunt and have strong ethics and a deep respect for the game. They are no different than you. Those who make some money in the hunting industry have outgoing personalities, they work their tails off and are constantly involved in something related to hunting.
You know alot of people dislike this post of fishguts but you know that is 100% true wether people like it or not. that is how it is in the real world today and it is hard to get sponsorships and really the only way that you have a chance at getting anything worthwhile in a sponsorship is if you are filming and are going to endorce their product to make them more money. i have talked to several people that are on tv today and people from the sportsmans channel and to get those good sponsors and any sponsors worth anything you have to show them that you can make it happen year after year not just by yourself but on film.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

if PL33 were to send a letter like that trying to find a sponsor, it would go in the garbage can.
You have to be kidding!!! Those are the kind you save.

Hey Penguin - why don't you and a buddy film some hunts, edit them, narrate them with as much excitement as you can and submit them. That might get you some exposure. Even if they don't pay you at first, just them taking an interest would be a great start.

If they get back to you, with an offer or not, offer to help out with anything and everything for free.

The line for dream jobs is a long one. You need some kind of way to the front.

It's definitely a long shot, but you never know until you try.

Oh yeah, as you are young, maybe angle your hunting videos towards the youth. That maybe a niche the companies would like to fill. Especially with declining hunter recruitment.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Cluckydog, I have to agree with fish guts, if PL33 were to send a letter like that trying to find a sponsor, it would go in the garbage can. Maybe PL33 would have used spellcheck before sending it someone I would hope so.

It seems lie the best way to get a sponsor is still "who you know."
lie? Did you mean like?

I think you forgot to take your own advice!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501
You know alot of people dislike this post of fishguts but you know that is 100% true wether people like it or not. that is how it is in the real world today and it is hard to get sponsorships and really the only way that you have a chance at getting anything worthwhile in a sponsorship is if you are filming and are going to endorce their product to make them more money. i have talked to several people that are on tv today and people from the sportsmans channel and to get those good sponsors and any sponsors worth anything you have to show them that you can make it happen year after year not just by yourself but on film.
If you are correct, you will never get a sponsor. Just check your own post for capitals and punctuation. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST POSTING UP ON A HUNTING SITE BUT THAT DOES NOT MATTER. YOU WILL NEVER GET A JOB IN THE HUNTING INDUSTRY BECAUSE YOU SCREWED UP THIS POST! YOUR TV HUNTING CAREER IS OVER!

I don't think fishguts is a bad guy, I just think the very first line of his post insulted the kid. Go back and read it. Telling him to learn to spell and use proper grammer, come on! I spell chit on here wrong all the time. If someone told me to learn to spell or I would never be successful, I would tell them to @#$% off and so would most of the rest of you. You guys think the kid should just take it.However, I'm so done with this thread but it's been a good one!

Quick Reply: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.