Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one know how to get a sponser? >

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

PENGIUNLUKE: If you had started the thread with the edited version you produced two-three days later, which you and Colorado dog are now centering on, you would have had a much more positive response from the get-go. Amazing what that edit button can clean up! Just sayin
Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 AM

I am curious; how many of you are sponsored??? Not be a wise guy, just asking a question! Luke I know two guys who are sponsored, and I will tell you what they have told me when it comes to getting sponsored they wrote to hunting and fishing magazines for years, sending them articles to put into their magazines. Got some regular slots after a little while, then that is when they said that they started getting the little stuff, like stated in previous posts. One is sponsored by Hoyt now and the other Hoyt and Mossy Oak, they both still work full time jobs and spend more than half maybe even 3/4 of the year out in the field taking pictures, writing articles, not to mention harvesting all manners of game. Keep at it if you want it. I am doing the same thing, as I would love to get to a point like the fellows I know; and I can tell you that they do get some money for all the hard work they do, but all it really does is fuel their passion for hunting and that is all it really pays for. As stated in above posts if your looking to become the next Mike Waddell, that could be tricky if you don't already have a foot in the door. Keep after it and try writing some stories about some of your hunting/fishing experiences and submit them to field and stream or other sporting magazines. I have sent about two dozen over the last 4 years and have yet to have any replies. I do believe that grammar, punctuation, and so forth are key (maybe why I haven't had any replies!!!LOL) but keep trying.

Jeff
Old 05-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fishguts

My first suggestion would be to learn how to spell sponsor, instructorand sponsorship. Also, learn proper grammar. How you speak/write will be a reflection of your ability to communicate with the public, which is what a company would pay you to do. There are too many guys just like you who can write in complete sentences. Why should anyone hire you over them?
Honestly, sponsorships aren't what they are cracked up to be. Very, very few people actually get money. Most get a free hat and maybe a few calls and T-shirts and stickers or other low-cost merchandise. The hunters who are paid to promote products are very, very good at what they do. They hunt nearly every day of the season and live on the edge of poverty because they love hunting ducks or deer or elk more than anything else or they are guides--which, come to think of it, are also on the edge of poverty.
There are a million young guys who love to hunt and have strong ethics and a deep respect for the game. They are no different than you. Those who make some money in the hunting industry have outgoing personalities, they work their tails off and are constantly involved in something related to hunting.
Listen to Fishguts. He is 100% accurate. Most of the guys that I have known that had TV shows etc usually only received merchandise from sponsors instead of money. Getting free binocs, guns and scopes is a cool thing but it doesn't put food on the table. There is some money involved but the guys I have known were usually already fairly well off to begin with.
Most of the TV shows are pre-staged and a lot of it is acted.
Hunt a lot, promote yourself as best you can, talk to potential sponsors but be aware that it's not as simple as "I'm a good hunter, pay me".
Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Spike

AVD. Hunter, thank you for that and I will do that, that helped out alot. Ryan Campbell, I think I figured that out since well it is common sense, ever think why I started this thread? Crokit, it's a hunting website andif you think that on a hunting website that it's so important for grammer and spelling then learn how to spell Penguin, its right in front of you....
Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ryan Campbell
Most of the guys that I have known that had TV shows etc usually only received merchandise from sponsors instead of money. Getting free binocs, guns and scopes is a cool thing but it doesn't put food on the table. There is some money involved but the guys I have known were usually already fairly well off to begin with.
I just have to ask....What guys have you known, "that had tv shows", that only recieved merchandise instead of money?Could you please be specific????
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crokit

PENGIUNLUKE: If you had started the thread with the edited version you produced two-three days later, which you and Colorado dog are now centering on, you would have had a much more positive response from the get-go. Amazing what that edit button can clean up! Just sayin
I'm not centering on anything other than he is a kid. Did he change that when he edited his post? I didn't think so.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually pEnGuIn. I wasn't referring to your spelling, but your in your face bragging, and belittling of people who may not have taken a 9 pt as first deer. That's why I suggested a lesson in humility, not your spelling. LMAO!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

One more thing that would probably help, build about a 2,000 acre pen and stock it with the best trophy grade animals you can get......
Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I'm not centering on anything other than he is a kid. Did he change that when he edited his post? I didn't think so.

Actually Colorado Lucky, there wasn't ANY mention of " I'm a younger guy " or that he was a kid in his FIRST post. If he was as upstanding as some of the " rescuers " are trying to portray, he would have said so by now since reading your above quote.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

One more thing that would probably help, build about a 2,000 acre pen and stock it with the best trophy grade animals you can get......
That will be the next step to becoming a true hunter![:@]

Quick Reply: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.