Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one know how to get a sponser? >

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Be professional in everything you do, keep looking forward, learn by even the smallest mistake, some of the guys on here are right, they are giving you constructive criticism, take it as that and learn from it...you have many years to learn and advance, and maybe even make your dream a reality someday...

Old 05-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PenguinLuke33

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn’t know that I had to be so proper in grammar and spelling on a hunting website. Next time I will take my time to read over what I wrote and make sure it’s proper. I have a lot of work to do with school so I just typed it real quick and hit submit. This is the first time I have read the feedback and it is not a resume, it is just some kid asking a question. Positive mind attitude is important, I know that since I do power lifting in high school and if you don’t think you can do the lift then you won’t. I am going to send a letter to H&R since I really enjoy their guns. I enjoy that you only have to put one shell in and it does its job. I shot three slugs this year during deer season and killed three deer in which one was 160 yards out and stumbled 20, the other two were dropped on the spot. Fish guts, how long did it take you to get a 9 point buck? This was my first year I was of the legal age in N.Y. to hunt deer and I got one. I have done a lot of turkey hunting other then deer and have at least gotten one since I was 12. I started trap shooting for the first time this winter and after a two months I won a competition and have kept the consistency up. Keep up the feedback please, it is all helpful. Thanks
I reiterate my first post. Learn how to be humble, it'll go a long ways for ya.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: PenguinLuke33

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn’t know that I had to be so proper in grammar and spelling on a hunting website. Next time I will take my time to read over what I wrote and make sure it’s proper. I have a lot of work to do with school so I just typed it real quick and hit submit. This is the first time I have read the feedback and it is not a resume, it is just some kid asking a question. Positive mind attitude is important, I know that since I do power lifting in high school and if you don’t think you can do the lift then you won’t. I am going to send a letter to H&R since I really enjoy their guns. I enjoy that you only have to put one shell in and it does its job. I shot three slugs this year during deer season and killed three deer in which one was 160 yards out and stumbled 20, the other two were dropped on the spot. Fish guts, how long did it take you to get a 9 point buck? This was my first year I was of the legal age in N.Y. to hunt deer and I got one. I have done a lot of turkey hunting other then deer and have at least gotten one since I was 12. I started trap shooting for the first time this winter and after a two months I won a competition and have kept the consistency up. Keep up the feedback please, it is all helpful. Thanks
Luke, as of 7:30 am on Wednesday, nearly 350 people read this thread.Your first post was also their first impression of your ability to communicate. Suppose someone who read this thread was a potential sponsor. Do you thinkhe would have given you a second thought based on that post? My point is that everything you do, everywhere you do it, is subject to scrutiny, especially if you want to be paid for promoting a product. Spelling and grammar matter. Always. Companies receive dozens of sponsorship requests every month. Those with misspelled words and poor grammar go straight into the trash.
With that said, you are what, sixteen? You killed a deer, a couple of turkeys and you've busted some clay pigeons. You have a long way to go before someone is willing to pay you or give you product. As I said before, guys/women who become sponsored in the hunting industry are experts at what they do. They win calling competitions, they have a natural talent for finding and killing ducks or big deer or elk, they are guides/outfitters, or most likely, all of the above. They have unique personalitiesand can keep a crowd's interest at a hunting seminar and they are very good salesmen. In fact, personality and the ability to communicate are often more important thanhunting skillsor knowledge. Kids who are "sponsored" are typically the children of those described in the above sentences. Or they get a free hat and a "pro team" sticker because they wrote a letter to a company.
My advice: Immerse yourself in hunting and the hunting industry. Hang out with expert hunters and strive to become an expert at something yourself. Attend every hunting-type event you can and offer to volunteer at things like youth hunting/fishing events. Maybe you can give seminars to other kids. Be seen and be noticed. Get a job at a sporting goods store. Maybe find a outfitter and offer to scrub the lodge's toilets. Really. Anything you can do to be in and around the business will offer small nuggets of hunting business-related knowledge. And always remember, it's "sponsor."
Old 05-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

i will remember that Mr.Fishguts
Old 05-20-2009, 06:20 PM

The biggest mistake people make is looking for hand outs ..........period.... You have to be around the right people. Be loyal & promote the business/ products you believe in.... I own a Archery Shop/Taxidermy Studio, ,,,, ..........just the other day I got hit up for 2 FREE Mathews, one Monster, one Reezen, and of course free clothing,,,, ........the worst part is I never seen the guy a day before in my life, .....go figure.. It happens alot
Old 05-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an alternative for you if your dream doesn't work out- study hard, make great grades, and find some kind of workwhere you can take off alot during hunting season.Mydad worked hard at our family business for 30+ years, and now hehunts every morning andmost evenings of deerseason.My good friend manages his father's palm tree business and they both hunt everyday of hunting season too. I takeoffwork and hunt about a 1/3 of the deer season too.

Ithink it's fine to have dreams and aspirations of hunting everyday; I did when I was your age too. In reality though, I would bet only a select few in the business make enough to be worth it. The constant traveling, being away from your family, possible short career[>:], etc. would not be worth it to me. Agood work ethic with possibly a college degree will get you alot further most of the time.

I don't mean to crush your dream, I'm justgiving you a alternativeroute if that does not work out. Hope to seeyou on TV one day!Also remember to include some deer dog hunting on 1 of your shows....
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bryant1

I have an alternative for you if your dream doesn't work out- study hard, make great grades, and find some kind of workwhere you can take off alot during hunting season.Mydad worked hard at our family business for 30+ years, and now hehunts every morning andmost evenings of deerseason.My good friend manages his father's palm tree business and they both hunt everyday of hunting season too. I takeoffwork and hunt about a 1/3 of the deer season too.

Ithink it's fine to have dreams and aspirations of hunting everyday; I did when I was your age too. In reality though, I would bet only a select few in the business make enough to be worth it. The constant traveling, being away from your family, possible short career[>:], etc. would not be worth it to me. Agood work ethic with possibly a college degree will get you alot further most of the time.

I don't mean to crush your dream, I'm justgiving you a alternativeroute if that does not work out. Hope to seeyou on TV one day!Also remember to include some deer dog hunting on 1 of your shows....
Advice worth listening to. Probably the best yet.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

It seems in the last year or so the majority of the new personel on the shows have a cute smile, the gift of gab and hooters..........
Old 05-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

It seems in the last year or so the majority of the new personel on the shows have a cute smile, the gift of gab and hooters..........
And long lower jaws
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: bryant1

Advice worth listening to. Probably the best yet.
Really? Sounds pretty discouraging to me. What happened to "follow your dreams" and "PMA"?

Quick Reply: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.