Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one know how to get a sponser? >

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one know how to get a sponser?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Charlie and fishguts are right.

Go for your dream, but take the steps needed to give yourself a chance.
Got to be professional to be a professional.

Steve
Old 05-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Cluckydog, I have to agree with fish guts, if PL33 were to send a letter like that trying to find a sponsor, it would go in the garbage can. Maybe PL33 would have used spellcheck before sending it someone I would hope so.

It seems lie the best way to get a sponsor is still "who you know."
He wasn't sending out a resume or doing an interview. He was asking a question from fellow hunters and did not asked to be made fun of, or to be kicked in the nuts.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

Is there anything in my first post that isn't true? Why tell someone he has a fighting chance when, based on his question and the way it is worded, he really doesn't? The truth hurts. I'm not going to tell someone he's gonna win American Idol when he can't sing. As I said, Luke doesn't stand an honest chance of gaining a meaningful sponsorship (job) with a poorly-worded letter (resume) filled with misspelled words. Again, there are a million guys wondering how they can get sponsorships. Maybe my honest answer will actually help Mr. Luke improve his marketability far more than someone who can only say, don't listen to others.
Trust me. I know what I'm talking about.
He was asking a question on a FREAKING hunting web site! A web site that he thought he might get some friendly advice from. You want to make fun of his spelling and his grammar??? Making fun of kids has never helped them at all.

You say we should trust you? Why? You might know a little about huntingas a businessbut you obviously don't knowJack Crapabout helping a kid getting started.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

He wasn't sending out a resume or doing an interview.
That why I said.
Maybe PL33 would have used spellcheck before sending it someone I would hope so.
He was asking a question from fellow hunters and did not asked to be made fun of, or to be kicked in the nuts.
Little sensitive? He was offered some constructive criticism. not exactly a kick down south.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

He was asking a question on a FREAKING hunting web site! A web site that he thought he might get some friendly advice from. You want to make fun of his spelling and his grammar??? Making fun of kids has never helped them at all.

You say we should trust you? Why? You might know a little about huntingas a businessbut you obviously don't knowJack Crapabout helping a kid getting started.
Relax, hero. Show me whereI made fun of him. I didn't. I pointed out that in order to get sponsors, he needs to first learn how to spell and write properly.Am I wrong? Ibet my specific and honest advice was far more helpful than yours, which was what, follow your dreams?Wow, that will realy help someone get far.
Actually, I have helped youngsters get started in the outdoors industry. I helped by offering honest advice that wasn't always easy for the kids to hear. Instead of telling them to "follow your dreams" when they didn't have an honest chance with their skills at the time, I told them (among other things) to present themselves in a more professional manner, including spelling simple words like "sponsor" properly. I told them what I told Luke.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I can't argue with you. I'm not saying the things you said were wrong. You just said them in a very smart a$$ way.
Yep. Sometimes the truth hurts, but in the end it helps far more than offering meaningless words of encouragement.
Another lesson for Luke: Develop a thick skin if you want to make money in the outdoors industry.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

Yep. Sometimes the truth hurts, but in the end it helps far more than offering meaningless words of encouragement.
Another lesson for Luke: Develop a thick skin if you want to make money in the outdoors industry.
Again I'll just say that there is a way to be truthful and helpful without being a smarta$$.

I have been a trainer for years and I have helped more than just a few become successful in business. I have taken servers in restraunts and help them become six figure professionals. If you think having a "positive mental attitude" is meaningless words of encouragement then you really know nothing of helping the young to become successful. PMA is the single most important factor and they will tell you that at any business training seminar across the country.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get to know people in the industry, get familiar with the industry, figure out exactly what you can offer in the industry, get more experience in the industry, and then go for sponsors.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Spike

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn’t know that I had to be so proper in grammar and spelling on a hunting website. Next time I will take my time to read over what I wrote and make sure it’s proper. I have a lot of work to do with school so I just typed it real quick and hit submit. This is the first time I have read the feedback and it is not a resume, it is just some kid asking a question. Positive mind attitude is important, I know that since I do power lifting in high school and if you don’t think you can do the lift then you won’t. I am going to send a letter to H&R since I really enjoy their guns. I enjoy that you only have to put one shell in and it does its job. I shot three slugs this year during deer season and killed three deer in which one was 160 yards out and stumbled 20, the other two were dropped on the spot. Fish guts, how long did it take you to get a 9 point buck? This was my first year I was of the legal age in N.Y. to hunt deer and I got one. I have done a lot of turkey hunting other then deer and have at least gotten one since I was 12. I started trap shooting for the first time this winter and after a two months I won a competition and have kept the consistency up. Keep up the feedback please, it is all helpful. Thanks

Quick Reply: Any one know how to get a sponser?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.