Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ammo Shortage

Old 05-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ammo Shortage

the deamand for ammo is not that bad yet here of course i havent went out ans bought ammo in a while but wheni got wall mart and hunting stores there shelvs are stocked good.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was in the Troy, Al Wal-Mart yesterday visiting a friend that is the sporting goods manager. They appear to be about 1/4 stock or lessof the popular calibers, he said they can't get ammo.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129343393 35$ for 300 rnds of stardard lead 22lr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128884498 look at this one. I bought this same ammo and quantity at walmart in january, for 50$ and I though I was getting ripped off then! Its got 12 bids at 64$ and I bet it closes at 85$ at least and the buy now is 120$ Its freakin 22lr!

It kills me to see what guns and and ammo that I literally gave away over the past 5 years is going for now ,I have no doubt that if I held on to that stuff it be worth about 20K now, That alot of cash in the trash. Then again if you told me 5 years ago, a jr senator named barrak husain obama was going to become the president in 09 id have laughed in your face.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Gun owners are running scared, and it's having an effect. On the hope that reloading supplies will come back sooner than factory rounds, I ordered a reloading set up. So far I can still find once fired brass at a reasonable cost, now if I can just find some primers, if I do I'll buy a boatload of them to avoid any future "shortages". If push comes to shove I'll order casting equipment andcast my own bullets, which will pretty well ensure that I'll probably never buy factory loads again.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129343393 35$ for 300 rnds of stardard lead 22lr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=128884498 look at this one. I bought this same ammo and quantity at walmart in january, for 50$ and I though I was getting ripped off then! Its got 12 bids at 64$ and I bet it closes at 85$ at least and the buy now is 120$ Its freakin 22lr!

It kills me to see what guns and and ammo that I literally gave away over the past 5 years is going for now ,I have no doubt that if I held on to that stuff it be worth about 20K now, That alot of cash in the trash. Then again if you told me 5 years ago, a jr senator named barrak husain obama was going to become the president in 09 id have laughed in your face.
Yea i see that, i wish i could go back 5 or 6 years and buy a bunch of 500 rd .22 lr shells for $6 a box and sell them now, its crazy.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Its the same thing in MI, handgun ammo is either out of stock or double the price it used to be. When i heard that Obama was getting in office I went out and bought enough ammo to last me the next 10 years. So I wont be worrying about it for a while.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Robv2007

When i heard that Obama was getting in office I went out and bought enough ammo to last me the next 10 years. So I wont be worrying about it for a while.

This is what most people did. This is what i feel is causing the current problem. The manufacturers are probably finding it tough to catch up on replenishing the surge of ammo purchases.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

.45 ACP, 40 S&W, .308, .223, and many other handgun rounds are getting scarce around here... large calibre rifle rounds and shotgun shells are still around though..

Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not as bad in the Dallas/Ft Worth area as it was. I'm seeing a lot more ammo on the shelves at the sporting goods stores. So far, no major problems getting what I need.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro Shops in Savannah, GA has been keeping their supply stocked up. And I haven't noticed an increase in price yet.

Quick Reply: Ammo Shortage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.