HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Mineral Sites!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/293765-mineral-sites.html)

mossberghunter93 05-09-2009 11:35 AM

Mineral Sites!!!

Lets see your guys' gnarliest mineral sites with all the holes, torn up roots, hoof prints and everything.

Colorado Luckydog 05-09-2009 07:00 PM

RE: Mineral Sites!!!

I don't have none. Let's see yours.:D

xkmorris 05-10-2009 01:42 PM

Here is mine

haystack 05-10-2009 04:04 PM

Here is one of mine.

mossberghunter93 05-12-2009 06:37 AM

here is my largest site that block has ben there for nine months along with a little apple block and some deer cane and a lil bit of goopy stuff

Siman08/OH 05-12-2009 12:27 PM

Will do Jake! You know im always good for a couple pics :D

Here is my brand new one for this year, the only thing that i didn't consider with this one is that its in partial sunlight. I made it in a little clearing in the woods with a very prominent deer trail running through the middle. The pro's were that it has a creek/small watering hole AND a swamp nearby, as well as a bunch of other deer trails. There is also an annual scrape that shows up in this clearing, so the bucks frequent it.

And here is pics of my stump lick that i have had for 5-6 years now. The deer tear this up every year:

Here are some trail cam pics of buck using it last year:

I used a trace mineral block and some deer cain to refresh/make both of these this year. Every month or so i will refresh it with some kind of mineral attractant just to keep it potent. I plan on having my cams on it up until September as well.

mossberghunter93 05-12-2009 03:02 PM

Awesome pics Caleb as usual!!:D

mossberghunter93 05-12-2009 03:03 PM

One thing I have noticed is that my deer seem to like to hit the mineral sites a lot more in the spring (fawns/velvet) cause i had 50 pictures in 4 days and i didnt even think about puting corn in front of it.

penninside08 05-12-2009 04:59 PM

i dont have any pictures right now, but i will make sure that next time i go out i take a pic

it is a pretty deep hole.....

nice pics by everyone else too

Siman08/OH 05-12-2009 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

One thing I have noticed is that my deer seem to like to hit the mineral sites a lot more in the spring (fawns/velvet) cause i had 50 pictures in 4 days and i didnt even think about puting corn in front of it.
Spring is the most popular time by far. Does need nutrients after giving birth and bucks are growing their racks.