Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola >

Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Old 05-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

The way I understood it, McTavish (the guy managing the hunting area) was the one making the decision to falsely tag the deer, not Ritz. He (Ritz) was not directly fined, but the 'Game Trails' business was fined as a result. The problem that started it all was that the guests that were invited would not fill their antlerless tags as they were looking to harvest their 'big buck'. Instead of finding a legitimate and legal way to accomplish their doe harvest needs, he (McTavish) had the deer shot and tagged with the unused tags of the guests and this was something of which Ritz had no knowledge. This was why 'Game Trails' was fined and not Ritz himself.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

gotcha...
Old 05-11-2009, 02:09 PM

Shooting fish out of a barrell like this rich scuzbucket makes me sick.I'll bet if he or any of his "pros" had to hunt public land like many of us working stiffs,they would come up skunked.That's not hunting.That's just poaching in my book.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I belive ill be selling my prohunter. He is a D*** jerk. All that money and land and takes advantage of it. I have a zero tolerance on cheats. I wont support t/c anymore. He should have got a lot more than a fine.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Wink Bring Topic Back up

Greg Ritz back in OHIO....

Did you know he is partners with Joel Snow of 5 Star trophy outfitters. So who knows whats going on down there.....

Ohio is going in the direction of the mid west state in the next 5 years mark my words...
Old 07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ritz doesn't have anything to do with T/C any more, as he sold it to Smith&Wesson several years ago for big bucks literally!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Lets bring this right back up to the top for hunting and ohio....

Greg Ritz/Game Trails-Paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous charges Any updated news on this case....Let to hear what the OHio hunters think of this Kuntucky government posting on DNR site.....

http://fw.ky.gov/newsrelease.asp?nid=513

Rumor has it Joel Snow of 5 Star trophy outfitters in Southern Ohio and Greg ritz are business partners....
Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
I often wonder how people like Lee and Tiffany seem to kill 6 bucks each in Iowa every season.
In Iowa us residents can each take up to 3 bucks a year. Bow, Gun & Landowner tag for whichever season you choose. So theres 3 bucks for both of them. And then you can throw in the shotgun season party hunt which as long as somone in the party has an anysex tag, anyone in the party can shoot that buck.

Possible for Tiff and Lee to shoot 6 each, Yes. Likely, NO!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Spike

The thing I see with Lee and Tiff isn't there hunting, but the people hunting with them. Iowa is one of the toughest draws for a deer tag, how does Blake Shelton, or the Rascal Flatts lead singer, or the Buckmaster Jackie Bushman, draw tags every year? Maybe they own a piece of the 6000 acres that Lee and Tiff manage. Seems like some rules are getting stretched a lot.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Spike

I would guess those celebrities are being given a Governors tag, which is another sore subject itself

Quick Reply: Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.