Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola >

Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Ritz will right off the $50,000 as a business lost
Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Afraid I have to agree with you guys, remember Noel Feather???

This is one of the problems I have with the commercialization of both hunting and fishing...I'm old enough to remember when BASS started...Friendly competition among friends is one thing, but when you drop money for catching a bass for money or the products promoted or sold then these type things will happen...

Old 05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

I often wonder how people like Lee and Tiffany seem to kill 6 bucks each in Iowa every season.
I've wondered that, too, considering that you can't legally buy more than 2 any-sex tags in Iowa. The "Liquidated Damages", which are on top of the fines for poaching, start at $1500 for antlerless deer, and run from $2000-20,000 for antlered deer depending on the size of the deer and if the poacher refuses to do community service. The damages are more if the deer is 150 B&C or greater.

Mike

Old 05-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Forget the 50k fine, he should do some serious jail time! If it were any of us they would throw away the key. Money should not buy your way out of a crime or into the record books.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with C Luckydog .
Go to jail with no BAIL , Dooshbags ...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Forget the 50k fine, he should do some serious jail time! If it were any of us they would throw away the key. Money should not buy your way out of a crime or into the record books.
I have to agree...jail is a better (best)choice, and havinghis hunting & fishing rights banned for life.

I just hate what these kind of people and hunts reflect to the rest of the world about hunting in general...espicially when we know that "we" as hunters are the ethical ones that go out of our way for a legal and ethical hunt everytime we go out.

Just another group of people corrupted by money.

I also wondered about the Lee & Tiffany thing in Iowa, maybe someone higher up is getting their pockets lined to look the other way.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Typical Buck

ITS ALL MONEY. why can't people just enjoy hunting the way it used to be. most TV hunters don't even know what real hunting is.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Not sure about the laws there but here in Vermont you don't even need a hunting license to hunt your own land. Someone who owns a large tract of land here could get into the same trouble, lose the license and then say screw you to the state and keep on hunting on their own land without any repercussions.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

50K fine for him is unfortunately just a slap on the wrist. Canned hunting operations should all be outlawed.
From what I read it wasn't "canned hunting". Rather, they were fined for taking more deer than they were allowed and hunting them out of season.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I personally believe that many of these "trophy" hunting shows are ruining our sport... everything comes down to antler size. Makes normal average joe hunters feel like they are doing something wrong by not consistantly harvesting P&Y quality deer.
I think the loss of hunting rights would be a worse punishment than jail time... personally..
Hopefully this is a wakeup call for all of the commercialized pro hunters that may be involved in this type of unethical behavior.

Quick Reply: Greg Ritz - paid $50,000 in fines after pleading guilty to numerous misdemeanor viola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.