Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My hunting lease

Old 05-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default My hunting lease

My dad's friend contacted him about 5 years ago telling my dad about a lease that has some empty spots if he wanted to join. It was all fine and dandy until we found out about some of the things they do. One year a guy shot 2 big bucks with a firearm ( you can only shoot 1 with a firearm where we hun). There is a top ground and a bottom ground. We pay to hunt the top ground only, but a couple of the bottom grounders come up here and its fine?! When turkey season started, a guy killed one the second day, he went out the next day to try and get another one (you can only kill one turkey the first week). And then today a guy killed 2 turkeys with one shot!! Which is illegal here!! Use some common sense.
I just thought I'd complain to you guys haha. Thoughts and opinions are open.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My hunting lease

Sounds like it is some of the older members that are doing the illegal/club rule violations. If so, there probably isn't a lot you can do about it. Talk with your dad and see what he thinks, but you will probably have to put up with it or find another place to hunt....