Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Are Gun hunters using tree stands >

Are Gun hunters using tree stands

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are Gun hunters using tree stands

Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Are Gun hunters using tree stands

Gun hunting from a treestand is safer for everyone on the ground, the bullet is less likely to go astray, and it has all the advantages everyone has already mentioned. I don't know how you guys do it in Maine, but everybody around here only hunts in blinds kind of as a novelty, or they hunt from the ground when running dogs, that's about it, the rest of the time it's up in the air.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

When deer hunting 99% of the time im 16ft up in the tree from shooting them with a Bow or Gun.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'm getting where your coming from (more driving then stand hunting). I don't gun hunt but the majority of the gun hunters around here will last about an hour In the stand and there off to do their driving. They live and breath deer drives around here. To be honest I don't mind It when the neighboring land owners do deer drives, I usually know when there going to do It so I'll set up In my woods where the deer usually go when pushed. I think I see more deer then they do.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Spike

I thank everyone who gave their opinion. This proves my point other gun hunters do use stands. Just like I do!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know of anyone using tree stands for rifle hunting in Oregon... Just about everyone does for bowhunting though!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Years ago here in Missouri we Hunted mostly from the ground or we built sitting stands up in tree's to be able to see and shoot longer distances and have a better view of the Deer in thicker cover or tall grass.With all the new and safer tree stands available today it is better to purchase one of them than to try and build one out of lumber.I have a large 2-man ladder stand, 3 single-man ladder stands,a ground blind and a climbing stand that I Rifle Hunt and Bow Hunt out of every year and I still do some Still Hunting and Stalking ifI don't see much movement and feel the need to move around.I love hunting out ofa ladder stand because I can see further and control/command a larger area mostly because of the terrain in which I hunt,if you limit yourself to only 1 style or type of hunting your missing out on a lot of new and exciting ways to increase your chances of harvesting a Deer!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

I conduct all my hunting business 20ft off the ground. The business end of all my hunting weapons, be it a point or a projectile, usually finds it mark.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Spike

For me, it depends on the weather. If it`s nice out, I will be up in a tree. But if it calls for rain, I will sit in my pop-up blind to stay dry.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bow and gun hunt out of treestands and ground blinds. i use the same stand for everything
Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seldom ever gun hunt from a stand and always bow hunt from one. The terrain here in WV where I hunt is pretty steep and I prefer to have some mobility if I hear someone else shooting nearby.

Quick Reply: Are Gun hunters using tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.