Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

which brand rifle

Old 04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Spike

Default RE: which brand rifle

Winchester Model 70

338 Win Mag
300 WSM
270 Win
Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted Winchester but I also like Weatherby too. I like Browning better though.
Most of the Remington products not all but most of them I've seen or used have had things that should have never made it past quality control. I've not seen many Remingtons where I could use Remington and quality in the same sentence unless it was saying they had a lack of quality. I'd really like to like Remington and I keep giving them more chances hoping I will be happy with them but they keep letting me down. I've finally realized most of what they make seems to have quality control issues so have given up on it.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

1)Cooper Jackson Hunter
2)Sako 85
Old 04-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Typical Buck

ALL I use for deer is a weatherby 458,Shivers their timbers and they drop in the spot
Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeeer

ALL I use for deer is a weatherby 458,Shivers their timbers and they drop in the spot
if you deer hunt with a 458 ,you must not like the meat.i can not believe you guys really like those weatherbys .
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

I voted Winchester but I also like Weatherby too. I like Browning better though.
Most of the Remington products not all but most of them I've seen or used have had things that should have never made it past quality control. I've not seen many Remingtons where I could use Remington and quality in the same sentence unless it was saying they had a lack of quality. I'd really like to like Remington and I keep giving them more chances hoping I will be happy with them but they keep letting me down. I've finally realized most of what they make seems to have quality control issues so have given up on it.
You must have the worst luck of anyone in the world. I've owned maybe 8 Rem 700's and a half dozen Remington shotguns. The only quality issue I have ever had is the lack of a clean, crisp, light trigger from the factory. $35 bucks and a trip to the gunsmith and that is an easy fix. Never another quality issue from any of the Remingtons that I've owned. They have all operated flawlessly.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

RUGA'....
Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just bought a new Browning X-Bolt in 7mm Rem Mag... love it.
Also have a Remington, Savage, & Marlin.
All great guns...

Old 04-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You didn't give me a choice for BROWNING!

So I went with Rem.
700 Mtn. rifle to be exact, in nothing other than one of the most popular calibers of .270

Quick Reply: which brand rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.