Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pics of your truck

Old 04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pics of your truck

ORIGINAL: 99 jeep

my baby 08 sierra crew on manitoulin island.
I LOVE THAT PLACE Ive gone on fishing vacations there with my family 3 times its like my favortie place on earth GREAT small mouth fishing
Old 04-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

F150 ALL THE WAY!!
Seem to be in the best financial shape of the big three, plus, of the guys I know with Chevys...problems. The guys I know with Fords, no problems..
Thats why always buy Fords and they have never let me down.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

It's not what you were asking about, but my 07 Titan handles this 7500lb camper very well! The Chevy 1500 with the MAX trailering package and 6.0L engine was rated to haul this, but it rode like a buckboard! I really thought I wanted the Chevy before driving one. The Titan easily handles this much weight and rides better when its not hauling.
http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/017525

Here is what it looks like now, with a cap on it.
http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/017526
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Spike

i am now considering a dodge ram 3500 dually to haul cattle with or an dodge ram 1500 just for off roading and hauling small loads i appreciate the help keep posting!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Cadillac Escalade pick-up...........
hahahahahahaha
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Just my opinon with my personal experiences.

My first full sized truck was a 2000 Toyota Tundra. It was built like a tank and I pulled a 26' gooseneck aluminum horse trailer with it for 200,000 miles until I traded it in in 2004. Very nice truck and very powerful for a small v-8.

The next truck in 2004 was a 2004 Chevy Silverado Z-71. This is a nice highway truck. IT IS NOT A WORK TRUCK. This is the kind of truck a city guy has to say he has a truck. The truck got great gas milage empty but pulling a horse trailer it got 8 mpg. It was a gutless turd and had very little power. It rode great and was overall a nice truck but the truck is just not designed for heavy work of any kind. If you put the truck in stress you will tear it up I can tell you from having to put multiple front hubs on the truck because the would wear out and the front wheels would damn near fall off.

I recently traded that truck in for a 2007 Dodge 2500 HD Turbo Diesel. This truck has freakish power and man is it quiet for a diesel. I will NEVER own a gas truck again. This truck will out pull any other truck. I drove a lot of trucks before we bought this one and they are inferior in every way. The truck rides excellent and like I said before it is very quiet for an in line 6 diesel. The truck goes about 19 mpg with nothing in it and 15 pulling my horse trailer with horses and dogs in it. I trial dogs and go all over the place and if you want a powerful truck that will pull damn near anything you want then this is the one for you.

I have never owned a Ford but my future father in law and brother in law both drive them and they have nothing but problems and huge repair expenses with them. My future brother in law drove our Dodge and is now looking to trade his F 250 and get the same truck we have. He said no comparison at all between the two. My future father in law is a die hard Ford man and after driving the Dodge even admitted that is was one of the nicest trucks he had been in.

I use the hell out of a truck and we'll see how this one holds up but so far the return is amazing.

My only tip is to buy more truck then you think you will need. You will be sorry if you don't.