HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What do you think is the best all season Camo? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/291335-what-do-you-think-best-all-season-camo.html)

dropem 04-07-2009 08:02 AM

What do you think is the best all season Camo?

I am about to buy some new camo for this upcoming season and wondered what you all thought to be the best? I am looking at Scent-lok full season but also like Scentblocker......what do you recommend?

BarnesX.308 04-07-2009 08:44 AM

RE: What do you think is the best all season Camo?

In Spring gobbler and early archery, the woods is green and overgrown. In January, it's bare and covered in snow. Not an easy compromise in between.

I don't put too much stock in all these fancy camo patterns. Whatever breaks up your outline is good any time. Sitting still is probably more important.

SWThomas 04-07-2009 08:57 AM

Save your money on the Scent Lok and Scent Blocker stuff. None of it works like advertised. If you like a specific camp pattern, just buy some regular hunting clothes in that pattern. Or just get some stuff from Wal-Mart. Their 3D pattern is just as good as most others. It'll just fade faster.

timbercruiser 04-07-2009 10:19 AM

I like the Realtree AP design. Bass Pro had some coveralls on sale a few weeks ago. I'm not a big believer in the scent proof/blocker claims either.

srwshooter 04-07-2009 10:48 AM

sportsmans warehouse is selling out some stores.i dont see much differents in patterns of camo.

deerhunter77 04-07-2009 03:37 PM

I would say Realtree. I use that and have no problems. I don't know if the sent blocker works or not because nobody I know uses it.

timbercruiser 04-07-2009 04:06 PM

The Sportsman's Warehouse website says they have filed for Chapter 11 bankrupcy.

kevin1 04-08-2009 05:42 AM

For all seasons and terrain types either ASAT or Natural Gear, I've had deer approach within feet of me while wearing those two. Stay away from ScentLok and the other carbon suits, waste of money.

jason miller 04-08-2009 06:48 AM

I've also heard good things about asat. However, I personally think the texture of the material is more important than the pattern. Ever notice how some materials seem to sort of "shine" because they're too smooth?

IL Hitman 04-12-2009 07:34 PM

I use multicam and marpat.These are military camo patterns and work great for me.I may invest in some kind of Realtree or Mossy Oak design later,but for now I will stick to what I have.