Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is obama taking away guns?

Old 04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Spike

Default RE: is obama taking away guns?

Thank God we had the same guns as the British when we needed to defend ourselves against their government. Thank God our country didn't decide to outlaw lever actions when they were used to commit murders. Thank God our country didn't decide to outlaw bolt action rifles when they were used to commit murders. Thank God the mindset wasn't "you can hunt and target practice with a musket, why the heck do you want something that hasthat many bullets?" With a mindset like that, we can only go backwards and allow others to have the upper hand.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

What, the action on a semi auto rifle doesn't react faster than the action on a single action? Sure it does, because it's either a pump or bolt action which is much slower. Think about it.
Ok this has got to be the most ignorant post on HN ever, I dont even know what the heck your trying to say at this point. Have you ever even handled a firearm? Man Im kinda embarrassed that I actually responded to someone so clueless. Bye.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

All of these weapons can kill or maim. The common denominator for all of them is the human being. As was mentioned earlier, and I am paraphrasing, humans will always kill each other.

If you want to reduce crime, focus on what is doing the actual killing-it isn't the firearm.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

What, the action on a semi auto rifle doesn't react faster than the action on a single action? Sure it does, because it's either a pump or bolt action which is much slower. Think about it.
What, a Ferarri doesn't react faster than the Chevy malibu? Sure it does because it has more horse power, a tuned suspension, performance tires, etc... etc... than the malibu which is much slower.Think about it.

What you fail to point out is that no matter how fast the firearm reloads and no matter how many rounds of ammo the magazine will hold it is the person pulling the trigger that decides how many rounds will be fired and how fast those rounds will be fired.

Answer the question I asked you and back up your argument with facts. You won't because you can't.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:35 PM

People kill, not guns. The problem is not the guns, it's the people. Banning semi automatic guns from the people of this country wouldn't solve the gun issues we have. Only criminals would have "assault rifles" if we banned them.

There is no good way to tackle the issue.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:56 PM

I guess according to early in my remington 7400 should be illegal. I know about a half dozen deer that would agree with him cuz they would still be alive!!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Agree - there will always be lunitics out there. And when one surfaces, the media and the antis are all over it. What about the armed civilian that holds a would be convenience store robber at bay until the police arrive. You rarely hear about that on the media. Why - because it is a legitimate reason to own and carry a firearm!?!?
I blame the media for alot of the copy cat crimes.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Guns no.........You better worry about the AMMO!!!!!!!!!!
They are going to tax the hell out of it and make it almost impossible to find.
Go to your local gun show.........im Maryland very hard to find 223....with the price of brass going crazy and the law makers we are in trouble. Don't forget about the house bill HR41? incoding ammo for tracking.......
Spike

Early in,

I do'nt know you from "johnny bravo" but you've sure opened the door for some judgmental accusations. Are you trying to say that a semi-auto is more dangerous than a bolt action, single action, double action, or pump action? Let me assure you thatit really does'nt make a **** what type action it is, in the wrong hands it's BAD NEWS!!Guys like you need to think before you speak. Do you really think that a semi-auto ban will keeppeople from losing their lives to violent criminals? Like i said, you've opened yourself up for some judgement here. A good shooter with a bolt action is far scarier to me than a bad shooter with a semi-auto. Our (honest, God fearing people) best defense for this is to be ready with the weapon of choice for each individual,and yes that may evenmean semi-autosfor some people. IMO,you should've kept that comment to yourself 'cause you sure hav'nt done yourself any favors!!!

By the way, a pump action is faster than a semi-auto, just ask Tom Knepp (Benelli's exhibition shooter).

THERE IS NO REASON/PURPOSE IN ANY CIVILIAN OWNING AN SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE!
Holy ****.... did you actually just say that? You OBVIOUSLY DO NOT GET IT. What the hell do semi auto rifles have to do with anything? Are you saying that people shouldn't be able to own Browning BAR safari's, Remington 7400 or 750's, Benelli R1's, Winchester SXR's, Marlin 60's, Ruger 10-22's, Ruger 44 carbine, Ruger mini 14, .

Please explain to me how a semi automatic AR15, AK47, FS2000, SCAR, etc... etc... differs in any wayto the other "sporting" semi auto rifles other than their looks.

Law abiding citizens do not go out and murder people or assault people. We are responsible citizens of this country. We do not change our firearms into fully automatic firearms because it is against the law. We do not go into colleges and kill every one we see. Criminals do this. There will ALWAYS be criminals in the human race. You can't do anything about it. WHat you can do is enforce all of the thousands of gun lawsthat are currently enforceable now. We could make sure that people that commit murder are in return murdered by the state instead of letting them go free in 7 - 10 years.

Fact: Gun owners like yourself are the absolute biggest threat to gun ownership this country has and if this is your line of thinking I consider you a topthreat to my rights and this countries constitution and at the top of my list of enemies.

[/quote]You hit the nail on the head big bulls. Great points!!

Quick Reply: is obama taking away guns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.