Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

which scope

Old 04-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: which scope

Zeiss if you can
Bushnellor nikonif you can't

Don't forget to include a set of quality rings and bases -warne, talley, leupold DD's, etc.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:24 AM

I use a moderately priced Bushnell.It's not the best scope out there,but with my Rem 700 .270 it gets the job done nicely.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Leupold is my preferred... otherwise... Nikon

Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I just put a VX3 4.5-14x40 on my browning a-bolt medallion, very nice scope, set me back a few bucks, but it will last me a lifetime and it is an excellent scope
Old 04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

I have Leupolds on several rifles......but those Bushnell Elites are pretty decent for the money.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

If money were no object swaros would sit atop every rifle i own. unfortunantly that is not the case so i settle for leupolds(if you can call that settling).
Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

The only quality scope I have is a Leupold 4-12 ontop of my Rem 700 30-06. I kept my eyes open and founda really good deal. The regular prices do seem a little expensive, but some people say you should spend as much on the glass as you do on the gun it sits on.

Anyway, I love my Leupold. The picture is extremely clear and crisp, and the eye relief is long.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have leupold, nikon, and bushnell. Nikon is what I prefer.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:14 AM

I've had bushnell, simons, nikon, leupold, redfield, weatherby and istar. The best one so far and seems the most dependable is Nikon. I shoot very heavy loads and have blown out everything but the nikon. The leupolds I had to send back to be fixed and cost me deer. The others I had to through away because there was no warentee like Nikon and leupold. I shot a really nice deer this year with the Nikon and had no problem finding the deer in the scope in the heat of the moment even though the scope was all the way up. The deer was 50 yards and scope was 2-7 power set on 7. I would recommed Nikon, it's very clear and at dusk or dawn it actually seems brighter and clearer than the more expensive leupold scopes. I paid 119 bucks shipped to the house from ebay. The two leopolds were 300 and 400 and had to send them both back and harder to see close up at full strength. It's really up to you and if you're like most you will do like them and live it by trial and error .
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 1eyebuck

I've had bushnell, simons, nikon, leupold, redfield, weatherby and istar. The best one so far and seems the most dependable is Nikon. I shoot very heavy loads and have blown out everything but the nikon. The leupolds I had to send back to be fixed and cost me deer. The others I had to through away because there was no warentee like Nikon and leupold. I shot a really nice deer this year with the Nikon and had no problem finding the deer in the scope in the heat of the moment even though the scope was all the way up. The deer was 50 yards and scope was 2-7 power set on 7. I would recommed Nikon, it's very clear and at dusk or dawn it actually seems brighter and clearer than the more expensive leupold scopes. I paid 119 bucks shipped to the house from ebay. The two leopolds were 300 and 400 and had to send them both back and harder to see close up at full strength. It's really up to you and if you're like most you will do like them and live it by trial and error .

Just curious 1eye, what caliber are you shooting that is blowing apart leupolds? I very close friend of mine has had a leupold on a .460 G&A for years and after many trips to africa its still 100%.

Quick Reply: which scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.