Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DEER CALLS

Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 AM

Default DEER CALLS

what kind of deer call do you guys/gals use? and have they worked well

i use primos power buck and doe and a knight&hale rattle bag ive called in a lot of deer with them

have any of you used the can calls what do you think of them?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER CALLS

I have had the most success with the combination of a drag line and can call. I don't leave home without this combination starting from halloween on.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

In my experience, calls don't work where I hunt whatsoever.(MN) They haven't worked in years and years of trying different calls and rattling. I think there needs to be a good doe to buck ratio for them to be effective. We just don't have it where i hunt. Way too many does around for the bucks to be concerned about fighting for them. Now i think a good scent can be effective though. I prefer code blue, i'd swear on that stuff.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

I have had some deer come into a grunt call, however have not had any success with the rattling bag or can call. I prefer scents I guess, I wonder if it would be different if you rattled real antlers.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

i got a knight and hale grunt and an empire game calls bleat and for rattling i have 2 sheds
Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

I like to use the grunt call , rattle bag had bucks come in with both like useing it during the pre-rut.I 'm wanting to get the can call guys at work told me it really works for them so I want to give it a try .Also I use doe-n-heat during the pre-rut ,I just put somein a mock scarpe that seem to do well for me when I'm rattleing and grunt.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM

I just talk to them!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

I just talk to them!

Its the "Deer Whisperer"!!!! I love that pic.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

primos buck roar, the can call
Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very seldom have had deer even react to a grunt call. The few times I have had bucks come in, at least they have all been decent ones. I have 2-3 differentcommercial brands and one "custom made" ... I cannot tellif one is better at attracting bucks than any of the others.I have had zero luck with a bleat can. In fact I ran off a monster buck last year trying to get it to turn reather than contiunue walking away from me. He came out on a woods road and was working scrapes as he walked away. All I had was a rear end view. I rolled the can one time thinking he might at least turn a tad, buthe buste out of there like he was shot out of a cannon !!!

Quick Reply: DEER CALLS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.