HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Trophy Rock Success (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/290735-trophy-rock-success.html)

bucksniper14 03-31-2009 04:25 PM

Trophy Rock Success

Any body have any success using trophy rock. And if anybody has trail cam pics of deer at the trophy rock I would also like to see then. THANKS

NCRemington700 03-31-2009 05:42 PM

RE: Trophy Rock Success

I don't have any trail cam photos but we had pretty good use of the TR. The deer seemed to hit it pretty hard during the summer and early season. After that, they pretty much left it alone.

Steven McBee 03-31-2009 05:52 PM

this is overA TR, they dig a hole in the ground where we set them out, best mineral i have used

bucksniper14 03-31-2009 06:08 PM

steven your pic didnt come up

Mottz 03-31-2009 06:36 PM

This is whats left of 1 after a few months. And there still using that spot. I have a few deer pics, but my cam was set to high to see the deer and the rock. I already have a couple purchased and ready to put out in late May or early June.

J Pike 03-31-2009 07:28 PM

BS14 I would save your money and use a $6.00 generic 50lb. mineral block like I use or mix your own like alot of the other guys here do.
Either way will be alot cheaper and you will have just as good of if not better results than using Trophy Rock. Here is a link to a thread in another forum called """Best Mineral Block """ Pike

Mineral Block Link

Mojotex 04-02-2009 06:46 AM

JPike and I agree ... you can and will attract deer by the scads to an artificial"lick" made using$6.00/50# bag "White Salt". I don;t have a photo (I should take one), but one of the artificial licks that I started back about 1980 and have kept going by pouring my home brewed mineral mix over a pine knot stump that was sticking out of a hillside .... well the stump is long gone, and the deer have literally dig a 10' high , 5' wide ditch into the hillside.

Iwould suggest that you add about 10#-20# of Dicalcium Phosphate to the mix. It is about $20/50# According to what I have read from studies done by Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and Penn. State, this mineral helps the deer build a stong frame and helps lactating does manage calcium loss.Rather than pour it on the ground, try putting the mix in a trough made from a plastic barrel cut length wise and buriedalmost to thelip. This will assure theat the deer are getting 100% mineral and is supposed to mitigate them picking up intestinal parasites from the "dirt". But if you don't want to go through all that trouble, dig a shallow hole near a known deer trail and fill it, or bust the bag over a close by stump.

Steven McBee 04-02-2009 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: bucksniper14

steven your pic didnt come up

hmmm, thats weird

there we go, now they showed, this only is only two of at least 500 photos i have of bucks over trophy rocks... we have gotten so many big buck pics over these rocks in the past two years. these pics are a few of the "smaller" bucks on camera that we have. the other ones are on my computer at my farmhouse