Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting Camo patterns

Old 03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hunting Camo patterns

Of the main line patterns I think that MO treestand and RT all purpose are two of the better ones.
Honestly, the Walmart camo pattern, I think it's called fusion????, is better than MOBU or RTHD at actually breaking up your outline and tricking a deer's eyes.

If you want something that actually, really works to fool an animalseyes then there really are only two choices IMHO. #1 is ASAT and #2 is Predator.
Gods country isn't lagging too far behind these two though.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

For the most part I wear predator brand camo based on the needs. If green I still find spring green to be the best whether the pines or just green vegetation it works very well.Here green turns pretty quickly and becoming a fan of evolution for this transition period (it works wlel in the grasslands as well before everything has lost it's color).Following that I wearfall grey in the woods,(an excellentlater season tree stand pattern BTW)I don't hunt in a tree but it's the best pattern i've seen forthe willow andpoplar runs I hunthere.

I was given some Nat. Gear and now use it when hunting the open terrain. I basically replaced my brown predator camo with it...price was right and like it too boot.

I only buy pants when i need them and for the most part it is new fall grey ones at that, I am more concerned with the upper body as a ground hunter. I agree camo is more for the hunter then the game and if you don't pick spots that offer natural concealment your limiting yourself severely. That said if I'm going to wear camo I will wear something I like, is comfortable and works for the area.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Natural Gear is extremely tough to beat in any terrain, I've had deer justa few yardsaway from me while wearing it look dead at me without alarming. I've had a similar result from ASAT, not sure why it works, but it definitely does.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Spike

I use mostly Realtree but I have to agree with Omega. I usually just buy what is one sale I don't think a leafy suit would help much if you are hunting in pines because pines give pretty good cover as it is. I hunt in a orchard so it is a little more open so i use just a leafy suit top and they don't pick me off
Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I like the Realtree AP, but as long as you hunt the wind I don't think it makes much difference. Bass Pro had the coveralls on sale a couple of weeks ago for about $70.
So you would go hunting in shorts and a tank top? As long as youhunt the wind it doesn't matter right?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

I have been using Cabelas Seclusion 3D for about 4 years. Looks abrassive when wearing it in the house, but does an awsome job in the field mimmicking the dominate colors you are hunting in. My typical gear works great in the spring, fall and winter where I hunt (Indiana). Plus the Cabelas pattern is usually $10 cheaper per garment compared the the licensed name brand patterns.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to get philosophical here, but ever had the good fortune to see a fox, coyote or bob-cat stalk prey?
While their coloration is certainly successful, there is no debate which is best !?! It is not the "camouflage". It is the ability to hunt !! These predatorsare usually successful when they ...#1 Stay down wind. #2 Remain mouse quiet. #3 Keep an eye on the game and move, most of the time ever so slightly and ever so slowly and only when clear to do so.#4 Get close enough to strike within their range.In my oipinion theseare clues for us!Any woodsy colored stuff that is mouse quiet will work fine!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

WoW Great feedback Thank You everyone
Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Realtree ap asll the way
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Bartender

If you get a chance check out www.ultimatecamo.com as our very own Diesel77 (Andy) in the archery
forum is the owner.

T