Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Snake Proof boots??

Old 04-24-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Snake Proof boots??

Do these actually work? Im considering getting some snake proofboots and gaiters after today. I saw a water mocasin today while scouting for next deer season. Not very fun killing them with a single shot pellet gun(all i had with me). Almost got me acouple of times(couple feet away). I know i was lucky, and i still need to watch out. But, what are some good comfy snake proof boots that wont hurt the wallet too bad.
Thanks alot
Old 04-24-2003, 06:13 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Snake Proof boots??

Hunter,
The boots work but they also make a zip up or wrap around leg gard for snakes. These are not to hard on the check book. If you are in a area that has these and you feel it is a problem the price of the boots is just a investment on your hunting.
Good luck and what ever you do just dont play with them.[:@]
Rick
Old 04-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

I wear them all during turkey season and early bow season here in alabama, i just got some new rubber snake boots from cabelas and they seem to be great so far. Here is a link to snake boots at cabelas

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...left-nav.jhtml
Old 04-24-2003, 06:21 PM

will the boots cover my toes and the bottom of my foot. i hunt in a very swampy area, that im extremely worried about snakes. I was afraid with the chaps and gaiters that i wouldnt have any foot protection. I was thinking about some boots and chaps. How does that sound?
Old 04-24-2003, 06:26 PM

check out rocky snake boots.I' m on my second pair they cover your feet and legs to the knee and are as comfortable as tennis shoes
Old 04-24-2003, 08:34 PM
nub

I wear the rockies too. Their a pain in the a$$ to get off and on, but I can walk in some deep mud and water with them. I didn' t buy mine for snake protection, I bought them for walking swamps. They are comfortable.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:22 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Just how deep of water are you wadeing in? Ankle, knee deep?? You need to know that you dont just look for water mocasin on land or in the water. They can and do like to be in branches over the water.
Rick
Old 04-25-2003, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can get a good pair of snake proof chaps for about $40 up to about $60 that should be all you need. Just wear a good pair of leather boots with them. They do a good job of keeping mud off of your pants also. I' ve been wearing them in the woods for 30 years and have only been struck once (that I know of) when I was standing on a small moccasin. The majority of the snakes will hide or remain motionless while you pass. The only ones I worry about are the moccasins around streams that will lay in trees or bushes about chest high. Put the pellet gun down and get a walking stick about 3 1/2 feet long. You can get any snake in the woods you can get to with it and it is good for parting briars while you walk.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:19 PM

its ussually between my knee and my ankle..nothin too much, but its mostly on land. I remeber when i was fishing once, my lure got stuck into a tree.(not my fault ) and started pulling on it, and a snake got into the boat..not too fun..
My dad said that rubber roots with chaps and jeans on under the rubber boots should stop it. Whats your thought on this? Where do the majority of snakes strike for? ankles? calfs? feet?
thanks alot guys
Old 04-25-2003, 05:23 PM

You can get a good pair of snake proof chaps for about $40 up to about $60 that should be all you need. Just wear a good pair of leather boots with them. They do a good job of keeping mud off of your pants also. I' ve been wearing them in the woods for 30 years and have only been struck once (that I know of) when I was standing on a small moccasin. The majority of the snakes will hide or remain motionless while you pass. The only ones I worry about are the moccasins around streams that will lay in trees or bushes about chest high. Put the pellet gun down and get a walking stick about 3 1/2 feet long. You can get any snake in the woods you can get to with it and it is good for parting briars while you walk.
I wouldnt want to get within 3 1/2 feet of a snake while its in the water..those suckers are fast in the water..I saw another snake today. What kind of snake is all black with orange rings around it?

Quick Reply: Snake Proof boots??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.