Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 An Online Ordering Experience (MUST READ) >

An Online Ordering Experience (MUST READ)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

An Online Ordering Experience (MUST READ)

Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default An Online Ordering Experience (MUST READ)

Ok heres the deal. I just got myself a newMark IIIRuger 22L Target Pistol and was shopping for a low priced Red Dot Scope for it.

I opted for a Bushnell 1x28 Red Dot figuring it would be an ok setup for plinking and playing around with. Couple buddies i know have them and seem to like them.

I visited Cabelas website to look first...Im a card carrying member and have like $30 in cabelas points....$89.99+Tax+Shipping for the Bushnell. I had it in the cart and ready to order when I decided to look for a bit.

I went to SWFA. Same Bushnell scope $62.95+$10Shipping....WHAT thats almost a $30 difference in price...I called cabelas about price matching. They wouldnt do it so I said ill just buy off the other company...Had this in the cart at SWFA and wasready to order when I stumbled apon yet another optics site...

Opticsplanet.com had the same Bushnell 1X28 6MOA Red Dot Scope for $59.00+ FREE SHIPPING...I ordered...

I saved myself over $40 in just 10min of looking around the internet....I almost could have bought 2 scopes for what cabelas wanted for one.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: An Online Ordering Experience (MUST READ)

Isn't the freedom to choose wonderful?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I hear ya but a short time ago I bought a LeopoldVX111 for $299 minus a $30 coupon minus points and free shipping Little over $200 never seen a better deal on one. Oh It was Cabela's Club deals. You really have to look to get good deals
RC
Old 03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think anyone can beat Cabelas customer service and speed of shipping. I don't know what the other stores policies on returns are, but you could be sure that Cabelas would take anything back if you weren't satisfied with it or it was defective. Some stores may tell you to send it back to the manufacturer if it were defective while Cabelas would just take it back.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good...let your fingers do the walking. BTW, SWFA does price match also.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with what Steve said above. Cabelas customer service is usually pretty good. I have taken things back I have had for over a year (still in a box) without the receipt and they have still given me money back in a gift card. I was just in the market for a pair of Nikon Travelite Binocs. The power I wanted was $120 at cabelas. I sawthem at Amazon and Optics Planet for $89. I almost pulled the trigger an ordered from Cabelas just because of their no hassels policy. But at the last minute I decided this was just too big of a difference and I was not likely to have problems with a pair of binocs so I ordered them from Amazon. I guess the moral is that while Cabelas has great service, they still need to be aware of competition, even if they don't quite match or beat their rivals.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM

I agree, sometimes it's worth paying a little extra, just for the customer service and return polciy
Old 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM

I've run into that same situation when shopping for scopes. I always look for the best deal before actually pulling the trigger, because I alway's seem to find it cheaper at the other guys site.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I believe cabelas has changed their return policy now
Old 04-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

Cabelas is sure proud of their stuff. Its not too bad all the time, and other times, well. I personally like E-Bay. Do all the research on other sites, then check them. I just bought a Burris High Country 15-45X Spotting scope off there. Price was $109 w/ free shipping. Not a lick of issues with it. Cabelas want $150 plus shipping. It really pays to do homework sometimes.

And yes, the scope has the BURRIS warranty on it still. It is brand new.

Quick Reply: An Online Ordering Experience (MUST READ)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.