HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Check out my new stand!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/289892-check-out-my-new-stand.html)

wi_buckstomper 03-22-2009 06:26 PM

Check out my new stand!!

Well me and my buddy built this box stand over the weekend. Pretty sweet. Still have some minor things to do like painting and stuff but its real nice. 8 by 8 by 8 12 feet high. What ya think??

wi_buckstomper 03-22-2009 06:39 PM

RE: Check out my new stand!!

i cant get the pics small enough. what should i do??

wi_buckstomper 03-22-2009 06:54 PM

view out the front window

roadhunter 03-23-2009 05:49 AM

looks pretty damn good why dont u help me lift my mobile home up sometime and then we will both have a house on poles..wat is wrong with u..this is about deer hunting not luxury you should paint it blaze orange then u can wear camo inside it..i would put a tv and fridge in there and enclose the bottom and put a garage door on it to park quad under bye

SWThomas 03-23-2009 07:08 AM

Looks good. But it's a little crooked.

Mottz 03-23-2009 09:00 AM

I don't think you'd want to play a game of marbles in there:D, but it looks like it should get the job done.

doall hunter 03-23-2009 09:56 AM

Whats your problem roadhunter? You know as well as I do deer hunting is luck. I mean you can do your homwwork, trails, where the does are, food, ect. But then it's luck that a shooter walks out. So why not be comfortable wating for the lucky moment. Besides it's only a fairly large box stand it's not like it's a penthouse suite. I've seen bigger morecomplicated stands before.I like the stand wi buckstopper, I can imagine you'll stop somebucks in that one.

gbrownlee 03-23-2009 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: roadhunter

looks pretty damn good why dont u help me lift my mobile home up sometime and then we will both have a house on poles..wat is wrong with u..this is about deer hunting not luxury you should paint it blaze orange then u can wear camo inside it..i would put a tv and fridge in there and enclose the bottom and put a garage door on it to park quad under bye
Coming from someone whose alias is Roadhunter... Ignorant prick.

doall hunter 03-23-2009 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: gbrownlee

ORIGINAL: roadhunter

Coming from someone whose alias is Roadhunter... Ignorant prick.
Ha LOL!!!! I know right.

Stonewall308 03-23-2009 10:20 AM

It is a box, hardly luxurious to the point of insulting the sport. Most of the stands I hunted in are boxed at least up to 3waist heightor something, so you can scratch your leg or tie your shoe without worrying about the movement being seen. Plus it gives youa rifle rest which it looks like you may need, looks like over a 300 yard view.

Just get some matte camo spray paing and you will be good to go.