Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sportsmanship disgust on TV

Old 03-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Sportsmanship disgust on TV

Hay hunters, I have been away for a long time but had to write. Watched two hunting shows this morning, The first I diddn't get the exact name but it was an elk hunt, hunting adventures I think, where they were taking 300 yard plus shots at elk and missing and wounding the animals taking four and five shots to get a kill and boasting what great hunters they are. Yuck!!
The next show in the south, Alabama I think, Hunting with Buck Mc... He was with his two kids shooting at running whitetails walking deer missing shots and dear old dad commenting ya missed, try again, be quick she's running.I haven't watched these shows before but was agast!!! Anyone discussed these boobs yet?

Got out of the hunting shows a while back and afer this morning I think I will stay gone.

I have limited cable since I moved to Oregon and my old favorites dont air out here.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: Sportsmanship disgust on TV

I'm amazed they were showing them. With editing they could take a dozen shots at running deer, then only show the one where they got lucky and hit. Maybe they get desperate for any footage involving a person shooting at an animal, the hours and hours of waiting wouldn't make great TV...and having a camera crew following you around everywhere probably doesn't speed up the hunting process.

Actually, that's a bit disturbing that those were the highlights. With post-production and enough time you could make anyone look like a marksman.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I watched the same show.
It was designed to show missed shots by various hunters.....very disturbing.
Not beacuse of the misses but because of some follow up shots.

I understand we all miss shots at the game we hunt, but when some hunters shoot 3-4-5 times and still miss,
it's time to admit more time at the range is in order.
Definitetly not fair to any animal and lack of respect was missing as well as their bullets.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

I quit watching all hunting shows. No reality in most the rest are disgusting.Anywya I aint spending 5000.00 +++ to hunt any animal
Old 03-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Ditto I don't watch since most are not fair chase and done for the benefit of the camera.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies> I stopped watching because the hunting and fishing shows have gone to much hollywood. To bad the non-hunters have such dribble to ammo up with.
I did like that blond but I can't seem to find her on my west coast cable.

Hay cardeer, How come you are a 335 replies I remember you at 20,000 or so?
Old 03-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only shows I watch are on the outdoor channel. I usually only watch Jim Shockey and Bone Collector.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you didnt like those ones you mentioned you should never watch a benoit video
Old 03-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

I posted this as a reply on another page as well, but it fits here also.

As someone that has had a lot of experience both behind and in front of the camera on hunting shows made for TV, I can
tell you that they not what you think they are.
There is a lot of acting, re-shoots on footage etc.
A lot of the "hunting" and "spot stalking" is done when the animal is already dead. This happens when you don't have enough footage to make a full show because the animal was killed quickly in the hunt. You need 22 min of footage for a 30 min show. The rest is for commercials.
Ever notice how they talk in a "loud whisper" a lot? Acting. All the high fives..acting. I saw a show where two "hunters" were talking in a loud whisper next to a running diesel pick-up making it's loud "clack clack clack" noises, whats the point of whispering?
All of the "oh man this is a beautiful buck, folks it just doesnt get any better than this...."..........acting.

You can learn a lot more with the TV off. Go to the woods. Listen to and watch animals especially in the off season.
There is NO substitute for time spent in the woods. Go hunting with experienced hunters and try different types of hunts
as much as you can. Most of all, remember that hunting TV shows are for entertainment and you should not compare what you kill to the "hunts" you see on TV.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I watch a few shows on the outdoor channel, but now find myself spending more time on a few forums on this website.My wife saysI'm kinda of addicted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.