Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CLIMBING TREESTANDS

Old 03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CLIMBING TREESTANDS

Summit backpacker folds flat so it's a little easier getting through the woods. Not sure if they make it anymore, but I sure like mine. I can easily sit in it all day with no problem.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Summit Goliath thatI am very satisfied with.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Well i though i had my mind made up. Has anyone checked out the Equalizer Stand. www.equalizertreestands.com. These look comfy and are adjustable like the Cougar Claw that bigbulls recommended. Cougar claws look good too but i like a gun rest during gun season. This decision keeps getting more difficult the more i look at these other stands. Has anyone used one of these or heard about them??
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Spike

Summit is lighter and easier to climb with,but if I plan on an all day sit I will use my API-mag.The seat part is big enough to place gun in front of you across the stand.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TIMBO77

Well i though i had my mind made up. Has anyone checked out the Equalizer Stand. www.equalizertreestands.com. These look comfy and are adjustable like the Cougar Claw that bigbulls recommended. Cougar claws look good too but i like a gun rest during gun season. This decision keeps getting more difficult the more i look at these other stands. Has anyone used one of these or heard about them??
i have sat in an equilizer before (the older model that did not have the sling seat) and my Summit was by far more comfortable. as far as the "adjustable cranks" go, my father, who is an avid Equilizer fan, returned his newer one for an older one. he told me the Equilizer with the adjustable cranks were junk. he said he could not utilize the cranks when on larger tree's because the cranks themselves struck the tree when turning them. i don't know if his was defective or put together wrong from the distributor but he returned it for a left over older model and is happy. Equilizer's seem to be decent stands but in my opinion they are bulkier than the Summit line and not as easy and quite when setting up and climbing. oh and i forgot to mention they are $100.00 more than the Summit's.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

the ONLYcomplaint i have with my Summit is the powder coating job. after the first couple uses, the powder coating started flaking off. this summer i plan on stripping the rest of the powder coating and camo'n it out with some flat krylon.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:25 AM
Spike

Right now I am using a Field and Stream climber I bought at Dick's Sporting Goods for around 100 bucks on sale. It weighs in around 30 pounds but it is the steel model not the aluminum. It doesn't weigh me down much I use claw treestand backpacking straps and I hunt a few miles of walking away from my house. I use a Summit Open shot on longer treks it is not as sturdy but it is lighter and a great bow stand. It also depends on what kind of hunting you plan on doing. Gun I would say a summit 180 for bow stick with a open shot or something that is light and doesn't have a gun rest for that can mess up your shots.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Spike

I have used the ol'man for a little bit but the seat starts to get uncomfortable after bout 1 hour so I bought a new Summit ultimate viper ss and have used it a season and so far I can sit in it for 7 to 8 hours straight by far the best stand ive ever had and will never buy another brand!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

If weight is an issue consider LW. If comfort, dependability, and stablity are important go Summit. I suggest the back packer model as it folds flat and makes for easier hauling. There are many nice stands out there but two consistenly rate tops. Lone Wolf and Summit.

PS.. the equalizer models have come and gone several times over the years. Keep in mind moving parts tend to mean noise, failures, stability issues, and frustration....
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit or API

Quick Reply: CLIMBING TREESTANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.