Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CLIMBING TREESTANDS

Old 03-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Default CLIMBING TREESTANDS

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR LIKES/DISLIKES OF ANY CLIMBERS OUT THERE. I CURRENTLY HAVE AN OL'MAN WHICH I'VE HAD FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND WANT TO PURCHASE A NEW LIGHTER CLIMBER. HAVE BEEN CHECKING OUT THE REVIEWS ON THE VIPER AND HAVE HEARD NOTHING NEGATIVE. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK, THANKS.

OOPS!!! MEANT TO POST IN HUNTING GEAR. MODERATOR PLEASE MOVE.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CLIMBING TREESTANDS

Summit
Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

Summit
That pretty much sums it up for ya! I have the cobra and have had it for prolly 5 years, and love it!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a Summit Viper that is comfortable, but my favorite is my climber made on the old Buckshot/Warren and Sweat basis that faces the tree when you are sitting. You have a very comfortable, light, easy to climb stand that also allows you the usage of the tree to hide behind and to use as a prop to shoot off of.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Iv had nothing but luck with my summitt, great quality. Im even somewhat careless with mine in that I leave it outside for long amounts of time, never had a single problem other than Iv worn the seat out, lol.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Typical Buck

I CAN SUMMIT UP IN ONE WORD FOR YA.

SUMMIT

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3344380
Old 03-21-2009, 10:30 AM

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES. I WAS ALREADY LEANING TOWARDS SUMMIT BUT WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE HAD ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM. LOOKS LIKE MY MIND IS MADE UP. THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tried several including Summit, Lone Wolf and API....for me Summit is the best. The only other climber I would consider would be a Treewalker.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM

VAhunter THANKS FOR THE INFO. I CHECKED OUT THE TREEWALKER ONLINE. LOOKED AT THE SPECS AND IT SEEMS SIMILAR TO THE SUMMIT VIPER. THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE IS THE MESH/NET SEAT. I HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF SEAT ON MY OL'MAN AND IT GETS UNCOMFORTABLE AFTER LONG SITS AND THEY SEEM TO STRETCH AFTER A WHILE. MAYBE I NEED TO LOSE A FEW POUNDS!!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cougar Claw.

Unlike Summit they are 100% made in the USA in Foley Al. They are every bit as comfortable and easy to set up as a Summit but also give you the option of adjusting your treestand angle to level it out while it is on the tree if you opt for the leveling system. The arms are not in the way either.

The cables are squared offonthe ends to fit perfectly inside the square tubingso you don't have to twist the cable to find the pinhole in the dark.They include a flip out foot rest. They have a pouch attached to the front of the seat for your drinks, snacks, etc... The padded back rest extends up the tree to shoulder height to keep you from rustling against the tree. They are all rated to 300 pounds. And an unconditional 5 year warranty.

I sell Summit, Olman, and Cougar Claw and Iuse a Cougar Claw big bubba prowler with leveling system and I doubt I will ever need another climber.
What other climber measures 25 1/4" W x 38" L in the seat and still only weighs 22.5 pounds and can hold 300 pounds?
[/align]
[/align]http://www.cougarclawusa.com/treestands.htm
[/align]
[/align]

Quick Reply: CLIMBING TREESTANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.