Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Game Cart / Deer Hauler ?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Game Cart / Deer Hauler ?

Has anyone ever made a Game Cart / Deer Hauler out of a folding wheelchair ? A neighbor tossed out a couple that have the big hard wheels . When you lift the seat , it folds flat .
I was wondering if anyone had ever made a hauler out of one of these wheelchairs .
Old 03-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Default RE: Game Cart / Deer Hauler ?

No but we have used those carts that you see people pulling their kids in behind their bicycles. It's alot easier than dragging them when you can ride em out behind a bike.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

I made mine out of 1" and 1/2" EMT and bicycle wheels. You can see some pix of it here:
http://www.cthuntingnshooting.com/vBforum/showthread.php?t=2715

If you want a "how to" with drawings just drop me a PM or an email on either forum and I will send it out.

Bob
Old 03-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just use one of these...

Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

I am 67 years old and have dragged deer over a mile to my vehicle . I started using a 5' sled a few years ago and have worn out a couple . It's time for a game cart ............
I am looking for plans to make a Game cart out of a folding wheelchair not an alternative . It kinda looks like i'm on my own !
Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a heavy gamecart. Maybe not. But heres another idea for ya. I have a 2 wheel cart for moving dressers or propane bottles. I took it with me this last year cause I never got around to buying a game cart. Rolled the deer on it with 1 bungee strap around the neck to the cart and it was easy traveling.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:53 PM

I have a store bought deer hauler that works pretty well after I modified the wheel clips, they kept getting cought on sticks and I kept losing them. I got this after I got tired of draging deer out of the woods. The furthest one was 4.5 miles, started draging at 9:15 am and got out of the woods at 1:30 pm. That was the day after draging my cousins out from 2.5 miles back and my first deer the day before from 2 miles back. It is easier to use it but you can't really make pushes on state property unless you chain it to a tree in fear of losing it to someone who thinks they found it
Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

atv
Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 AM

LOL srwshooterI use one of those too now that I have some private land to hunt
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 AM

truck..drive to it

Quick Reply: Game Cart / Deer Hauler ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.