Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent-Loc worth it?

Old 03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent-Loc worth it?

I believe that it can be affective only if you use it head to toe. If you only use the shirt and nothing else it won't work. You should even where the face mask too which covers your head in its entirety.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:07 PM

T.R. Michels posted this on his website today.

3/27/2009

I just heard that, on www.Justia.com, one of the people who filed a law suit against Scent Lok, stated in their deposition, that they filed suit because they had been to this (my Scent Lok / Activated Carbon Science, www.TRMichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.html) web page, and realized that they'd been ripped of - by Scent Lok. To find lawsuits against Scent Lok - type in the letters ALS.

Anyone with a lick of sense, who actually reads what is on that page - and on page 2 - knows that activated carbon cannot work the way the manufacturers of hunting clothing say it can.

Scent Lok Corporate Head's Deposition - Sealed
At the same time I heard that ALS's corporate heads have also been deposed, but that their testimony has been sealed. What's with that … I thought we had a little legal precedent here in the USA called the "Freedom of Information Act". Why is it that the depositions of those suing Scent Lok are made public, but Scent Lok's lawyers have the depositions of the Scent Lok corporate heads sealed? Is that fair - to the hunting public?

Hey Scent Lok
Here is my offer to you. You have your deposition unsealed, and e-mailed to me, and I'll post it right here on my site at www.TRMichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.html - so the hunting public (those people who have paid for your products - and who pay your salary) - can get both sides of the story - and the truth.

Anyone want to bet on whether they take me up on this offer of not?

(3/27/2009 1:30 PM - I just sent this in an e-mail to Scent Lok [at [email protected]] , and to about 30 of the largest hunting magazine editors out there. So, neither Scent Lok nor those publications can say they know nothing about this.)

God bless,

T.R.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Spike

I use Hunter Specialties scent waffers and just wash my clothes and shower and I have killed all my deer that way. The scent waffers are fairly cheap and they last forever I have had mine for two years now and they work just as good as when i got them.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WildlifePhoto

T.R. Michels posted this on his website today.

3/27/2009

I just heard that, on www.Justia.com, one of the people who filed a law suit against Scent Lok, stated in their deposition, that they filed suit because they had been to this (my Scent Lok / Activated Carbon Science, www.TRMichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.html) web page, and realized that they'd been ripped of - by Scent Lok. To find lawsuits against Scent Lok - type in the letters ALS.

Anyone with a lick of sense, who actually reads what is on that page - and on page 2 - knows that activated carbon cannot work the way the manufacturers of hunting clothing say it can.

Scent Lok Corporate Head's Deposition - Sealed
At the same time I heard that ALS's corporate heads have also been deposed, but that their testimony has been sealed. What's with that … I thought we had a little legal precedent here in the USA called the "Freedom of Information Act". Why is it that the depositions of those suing Scent Lok are made public, but Scent Lok's lawyers have the depositions of the Scent Lok corporate heads sealed? Is that fair - to the hunting public?

Hey Scent Lok
Here is my offer to you. You have your deposition unsealed, and e-mailed to me, and I'll post it right here on my site at www.TRMichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.html - so the hunting public (those people who have paid for your products - and who pay your salary) - can get both sides of the story - and the truth.

Anyone want to bet on whether they take me up on this offer of not?

(3/27/2009 1:30 PM - I just sent this in an e-mail to Scent Lok [at [email protected]] , and to about 30 of the largest hunting magazine editors out there. So, neither Scent Lok nor those publications can say they know nothing about this.)

God bless,

T.R.
Spam
Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess we will just have to let the legal system run its course for the final proof. With three seperate lawsuits filled it should tell us something.
There will be a brand new product out that has is being tested with dogs in Flordia and has been very effective so far where the carbon products have failed every test so far. Looks promising
Old 04-01-2009, 07:08 PM

What is the policy on hunting net concerning this topic. Can I get a moderator to explain that to me. As of today there are two more lawsuits that have been filed. One in Flordia and the other in Indianaand subpeonas have been mailed to the Scentlok and Scentblocker offices. I don't know if there is freedom to discuss this here but it seems to me the hunting public should be informed. So if a moderator reads this please send me a message.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

as rediculous as this is, atleast it works

Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

I love that butt-out tool. As for Scent-Lok, I have a few but more of the Scent Blocker (I think). It is very good quality clothing. That's the main thing I like about it. As for the carbon, I don't know if it works or to what degree. I do know it hasn't done any harm and at times has seemed to actually help. I've also had deer close without it. When it's cold and I dress in the field, layer, and spray down its seemed pretty effective. I've had deer close and downwind wearing scent clothing and not got busted. There have also been times I was busted wearing it but I'm not sure it was from the scent clothing not working or from something else, ie: bow, pack, copenhagen, etc. I do know I like it and would wear it whether it worked or not. Several of my friends have the same opinion. I've never understood why people get so riled about it. If someone wants to use it that's their business. Nobody knows what happens in the field except the person there. Maybe there are guys out there that think there is some magic clothing or magic scent spray or whatever that will fool a deer 100%. I personally don't know anyone like that. The guys I hunt with know there's no such thing. But we all agree we like the scent clothing and have all had good experiences with it. None of us think its the only way to hunt and half the time we aren't using. I don't wear it in warm weather as it gets too hot. The light weight stuff isn't too bad but even it can get a little warm. IMO, sweat is the worst thing for hunting and about the worst thing you can do in scent clothing. I like to use it in cold weather because I don't have to layer as much and stay warm. I've got a 3-D set that you can take out the carbon lining and it's a great outfit for warmer weather. It just seems funny to me that someone would be suing. Every time I hear of that I picture someone who is either really gullible or not much of a hunter. Someone who went out and bought a brand new bow, new clothing, etc., got up in the morning, no shower, dressed in their gear, hopped in the car, stopped for gas and food, drove to their spot, went out in the woods, didn't see anything and then got pissed their new clothing didn't work. Or maybe they think they're going to hit the lottery. Doesnt' seem to be much of a class action suit though. You'd think if it was that bad and with all of it they've sold there would be tons of lawsuits. Who knows. Really isn't worth fretting over. Buy it or don't buy it. Pretty simple. If something sucks, it almost never sticks around. I've bought it more than once and will buy again. Same with everyone I know that owns it.