Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent-Loc worth it?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent-Loc worth it?

NO it doesnt work at all, It has been scientificallyproven time and time again that it does not work.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even if you think it doesn't work, the garments themselves are made with high quality. They are very well made and the camo patterns looks great. They don't fade.

I use em....but I get it cheap!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

I sometimes don't have any cedar or pine trees where I hunt (so bagging them up with pine and cedar isn't for me)but it's a good idea to keep your hunting clothes and bootsin a sealed container until you get to the woods. I thinkour breath is are worst scent problem, I try to use the wind in my favor and use scent killer before I walk to my stand. Works for me....and if you hunt State land you always have other people in the woods with you. LOL

My buddy puts his clothes in a bag with earth scent, man does he stink..
Old 03-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to seal my clothes in rubbermaids, dress in the field, boughtsprays, soaps, etc. Worried about the foods I ate prior to hunting. However now the only time my clothes are in a rubbermaid are for storage or travel. I leave the house in myhunting dudseach time, but dress in layers to minimize any sweat up getting to my spot. I haven't bought a scent away products for years but do use regular unscented laundry soap and ivory bar soap. I eat whatever i want but do plan my hunting meals for the day or weeks events to ensure I stay hydrated and balanced. The one thing that hasn't changed,keep the wind in my favor!I haven't killed to many animals when the wind was on their nose and not mine, to me it's the quint essential.In terms of bow hunting i have killed far more animals without using scent control products then I ever did with them..KISS theory based mostly on common sense.

I have never owned a scent loc or similar suit and wouldn't spend the cake personally. That said confidence and mind setare big keys to success, so if you feel more confident in a product such as a scent loc then that's all that matters. If so the investment maybe more then justified. Good luck
Old 03-14-2009, 05:46 PM

Go to"Scent Lok/ Activated Carbon" and read what is written there.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NYhunterAF

is scent-lok gear worth all the money?
Yes, it's worth it like a wooden nickle is worth$.05!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Even if you think it doesn't work, the garments themselves are made with high quality. They are very well made and the camo patterns looks great. They don't fade.

I use em....but I get it cheap!
I agree with your assessment. Their colors are the most vibrant I have been able to find. I own Scent-Lok pants and socks and that's it. The pants are the Whitetail Elite version which is Savannah EXT now. I only bought them because they were my size and they were $20 off at D1cks Sporting Goods. And I only bought the socks because all the hunting socks I was looking at were more expensive.

I just keep my stuff in a Hunters Specialties Scent Safe travel bag, anddon't put them on until I get to the woods. I still play the wind and never rely on one single thing to keep animals from smelling me. I just try to employ all the advantages available to me.... as long as they're legit....
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

The one thing that hasn't changed,keep the wind in my favor!I haven't killed to many animals when the wind was on their nose and not mine, to me it's the quint essential.

BINGO!!! #1 thing and no matter what you do otherwise, you'll still be screwed if you arent playing the wind.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 AM

I tried it and had deer come 2 feet from me wanting to go through where I was sitting and I had the same results with spraying my cloths down. I think the key is what you prefer and using the elements to your advantage like some have mentioned. I have washed my cloths in pine needles and killed a 10 pointer at 9 in the morning. I went right after work in my work cloths and killed deer. I've also seen them smell me and run like the wind in my work cloths and unsprayed hunting cloths. I really do believe in the spraymethod, it's cheaper and had great results. I also think the camo pattern plays a great part, AD is the best for me. I've have hadthe wind blowing at them and they still walked right to me using the very trail I walkedto where I was standing. Let us know what you decide and your results.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I cant say the stuff works as covering your scent, but i can say is scent loc is some of the most comfortable gear ive ever put on....I dont own it, but for comfort and quiet...its pretty nice.

If they made the stuff without the gimmic carbon in it i would buy it.

Quick Reply: Scent-Loc worth it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.