Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Help me score these sheds..... >

Help me score these sheds.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help me score these sheds.....

Old 03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help me score these sheds.....

Very nice sheds regardless of score. You should have a Taxi mount them on a synthetic skull. A neat way to display nice sheds, looks like a euro mount.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:56 AM

Awesome sheds!!! Wish I had a buck like that running around.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:08 AM

Wow, that is a nice shed ,wonder what he will be next year...i would guess hes 170 this year.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

165-175 pretty easily I figured him at a 18.5 spread but its hard to say good luck next year he is a monster!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Some have wondered what state I'm in and I guess I should have put that I'm in Kansas where the giants rome. I hope he's bigger next year.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

He's either a good old biggun or a big old goodun........Matue deer range over a large area, he may have dropped his sheds while just passing thru.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Spike

HOLY ****.....that buck will be nice next year. I was excited to find a 6 pointers sheds. I dont know what i would do if i found those. Hope you get em next year.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

He's either a good old biggun or a big old goodun........Matue deer range over a large area, he may have dropped his sheds while just passing thru.
Not really. During the rut I would agree with you, but during later winter to the following fall you would be suprised how small a mature bucks core area really is.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

I can't wait for bow season. Just bought a new Switchback XT and some turkeys are gonna die so I can get my bow hunting fix. What are the chances of a deer of that magnitude being on my spot and me not even knowing. I have literally hundreds of pics of many different bucks that I can readily identify when they show up. I was just really surprised to find those sheds from a buck I didn't know was there. My girlfriend and I are headed out tomorrow on a more advanced antler hunting trip. I didn't really expect to find much because just last week I saw a dead buck on the road with both antlers still on. He was a younger 8.
One reason you may have never seen him before is because of time of year. Its possible he moved into your area because of a late season food source, and winters in your area. Either way, awesome sheds!....good luck with him in the fall
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Spike

155"-160" NET

Quick Reply: Help me score these sheds.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.