Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BEST WAY TO HUNT DEER !!!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Default BEST WAY TO HUNT DEER !!!

T.R. Michels posted this on another talk forum. I'm kind of interested to see where he is going with this.

I'll relay your answers to him...

Okay - the title was just a means of getting you to open this thread, but, I do intend on turning this into a LEARNNG EXPERIENCE for all of us - provided you play along.

I originally got interested in deer research in 1987, after reading several deer articles and books, and talking to, my good friend Dr. Ken Nordberg.

To further my knowledge of deer, and learn how to conduct a valid deer research project, I contacted well known and well respected deer biologist and rsearcher, and outdoor writer, Dr. Larry Marchinton, who was a professor of wildlife at the University of Georgia, and who I consider the "father of whitetail biology and behavior as it applies to management, and to hunting".

Larrry sent me dozens of his research papers, and then put me in touch with many of the top deer biologists of the past two decades, and they each taught me something. And they all received my 10 or so deer and elk research papers ofmy 10 year deer research project, and commented on them - and asked me to keep them updated.

Although I have not personaly met most of them, we have all become friends as a result of our interest in deer biology and behavior. I enjoy learning about deer biology and behavior...

Anyhow, here is a question - that you can all answer, and we can come to some conclusions on deer behavior and biology at the end of it ...

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE DAYS IN NOVEMBER - DO YOU THINK ARE CLOUDY IN YOUR AREA???
10% - 30%
31% - 50&
51% - 70%
71% - 100%

God bless,

T.R.
I'll get back to you on where he is going with this after he has posted it.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BEST WAY TO HUNT DEER !!!

For Kentucky this year, I would have to say it was a little over half, 51% for cloudy days ... so 51% to 70%.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you ever post anything other than what T R Michels says on other forums?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Spike

LoL thunder....Im curious to know where this is going...I agree with poppa, atleast 50% were cloudy if not more...
Old 03-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

With all due respect WildlifePhoto, butdo you know anything other than what T.R. Michels says? Anyway, I hope for cool or coldsunny days when I deer hunt. That is when I see the best movement on my property. I would say 10% to 30% would be cloudy in my area in Nov., closer to 30% than 10%.Novemberusually produces tranquil weather down here.Mild to cool andpartly cloudy to sunny days are the norm in November in north Louisiana.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM

THE BEST WAY TO HUNT DEER IS OUTTA THE BACK OF BUUBAS PICKUP BOUT 2:30 A.M.,WITH 308. AND THE SPOTLIGHT ON THE DEER FARM EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Depending on what your definition of "cloudy" is:

>25% cloud coverage 20% of the time
50% cloud coverage would probably be around 60% of the time.
75% cloud coverage is about 15% of the time.
100% total cloud coverage would be like 3% of the time.

I don't remember there every being no clouds in the sky.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 PM

I'm just helping T.R. out.

I have posted replies many times on this forum, but have been kind of out of commission lately with family problems.

Generally - I'm more of a reader (learner) than a poster.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:41 PM

10-30% in West Texas
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 AM

Hey guys,

T.R. says we need at least 20 responses to make this a semi-reasonable study project, help us out here.

He says he has gotten many moreresponses on the "Ontario Trophy Bucks Forum" -

As the best Hunting Talk Forum on the Internet - can't we show them up???

Justmake an informedguess as to your state....

Quick Reply: BEST WAY TO HUNT DEER !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.