Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Stocking?????

Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer Stocking?????

Will never happen ,,
But if they did I would like to order a few Boone and crocket 200 plus class bucks ..[8D]
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted no. Bad idea in my opinion.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

There's a bill in front of the Indiana Legislature right now seeking todouble the bag limit in high deer population areas.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck no! There are so many problems with relocating deer it's impossible. First, the cost relocate a deer in insane after catching, putting the deer under and then transportation. You are easily talking about $1000 a deer after all is said and done.Second, the stress put on the animal gives it a higher chance of Mortality. Third, with all the diseases deer have in different parts of the country, no one is going to want a foreign deer infecting their herd. Blue Tongue and CWD are popping up everywhere. No way I'd want a deer from Wisconsin, Northern Illinois or Michigan infecting where I hunt to have a few more deer.

They tried to relocate deer when I was growing up by my parents house. It was a disaster. They tried box trapping them and transporting them, it was an utter disaster. Then they tried to give them birth contol as well, yes, birth control. Let's just say now, they keep it under the table and use a sharpshooter.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all,Valley forge is a federal park and it would take an act of congress to initiate any type of hunting.Second,trapping and relocating deer is completely impractical.It's extremely expensive and there's a very high mortality rate.besides,the herd has been reduced in pa for a reason.We used to have way too mnay deer.I live in the WMU that has the most overbrowsed habitat in the state and the lowest deer densities.There's no reason to feel sorry for me because the hunting is still excellent on public land if you hunt where the deer should be and not where you want them to be.Stocking a species that re3produces like mink is a huge waste of resources and a very bad idea.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 AM

I think deer stocking is a waste of resources. Most places I have been have a overabundance of deer and would be better served by more practical harvest quatos to reduce the heard back to the proper carrying capacity for the habitat. I believe it would be more benificial for the resources to be put into habitat improvement to help improve the quility of the herd. I have been places where the size of their deer are the size of dogs because of overpopulation and the lack of food.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like many states, Illinois is now dealing with overabundance of deer, so its not needed. Would be great if they had a way to cheaply and effectively relocate deer from overpopulated areas, but it cant be done. I remember years back they forced the state of Florida to try to capture deer and relocate them from somewhere in the Everglades. They spent days and hundreds of thousands of dollars and the last I heard, I think they caught one deer.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Spike

no, that would take the fun out of hunting.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Give me some good Jeans in Florida Masterrrrrr.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Many locals raise pheasants and turkeys and let them go free of charge. Dont cost the state a dime. We as individuals could do the same with deer. A freebie from the Government aint the answer. We the citizens should control are own destiny.

Quick Reply: Deer Stocking?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.