Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License >

Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Old 03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

you need more options...

i think it use to be worth it, in regards to fines etc....to poach etc...no license, which is what you're proposing...nowadays though, laws, fines and penalities are stiff! and totally not worth it.

And even when fines weren't stiff, it's wrong to poach etc...

Old 03-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Spike

They are talking about the same thing in CT, a doubling of license and tag fees. Here too the fund will go from the conservation fund into the general fund. They are also eliminating the self-funded pheasant program (to hunt pheasant on public land in CT you buy a stamp and the revenue from the stamp buys pheasants which are stocked by volunteers on public land).

The fact that a doubling of fees with the elimination of pheasant stocking will result in less rather than more revenues as marginal hunters (folks who go out once or twice a year or only chase pheasants) and people who buy tags that they don't use for whatever reason, stop buying licenses and tags, is lost on the legislature. The decline in licenses will also result in a loss of Pittman-Robertson revenues which, I understand (maybe incorrectly) are based at least in part of number of license holders. In other words the state is not only screwing the hunters and fishermen, it is screwing itself.

But this is Barry O's America where bipartisanship means we forgo our right to disagree so as to blindly follow the chosen one and his minions off a cliff.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

RIGHT ON CT ..... if it walks like a duck....quacks like a duck and looks like a duck ..its MOST likely a duck !

dd
Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 PM

i have a lifetime license so they can bump tags up if they want
Old 03-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: moparmaddnes

I am wondering about lifetime lisc. in WI? I live in MN now but I grew up in WI and my dad and cousins have land there and I hunt that. Am I able to get a lifetime lisc. even though I am not a residence?
Matt
You need to check the state law, but I know one state you must establish a 91 day residence and then you can legally buy a lifetime resident license.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

An Arkansas legislator just proposed to reduce fishing and hunting licenses to $1.50 as a "Sportsman's Stimulus".Teen pregnancy and heart disease aside, we have our priorities right.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Spike

i axidentally clicked on tacke the chance but i would really pay for it.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I will always pay for a license to hunt and fish. Not buying a license and paying a fine isn't the way I was brought up. It isn't about money it is about doing the right thing.